5 Valentine’s Day Outfits for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and everyone’s mind is on one thing – what to wear! Red and pink are a must, but that doesn’t mean we have to go all out with hearts on every accessory. Whether you want to party or just chill with friends, there’s a perfect look for every occasion.

For the Valentine’s Day themed party 

Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year, which is perfect for throwing a fun Valentine’s themed party! Keep your look simple with a pair of your favorite skinny jeans and boots, and wear a casual red crop top for the holiday.  If you want to be even more festive, add a small heart shaped clutch.

For a sleepover with girlfriends 

If your Valentine’s Day plans consist of hanging out with your girlfriends, make a special night out of it with a V-Day themed sleepover! Spend the evening in your coziest pink pajamas and open those candy hearts and boxes of chocolate while watching your favorite chick flicks.

A casual outfit for date night 

If you’re planning on going on a fun date on the 14th, this casual outfit will keep you warm while still looking pretty in pink! A cozy pink sweater and black jeans makes this outfit great for a night out at the movies or bowling.  A light pink lip adds the perfect flirty touch.

For dinner with group of friends

Valentine’s Day isn’t just for one-on-one time, group dates can be just as fun! Try this relaxed look for an evening out with your group of friends.  You can’t go wrong with boyfriend jeans and an oversized cardigan. To dress up your outfit try out a pretty braided hairstyle, and add orange lipstick for a pop of color.

For a romantic dinner date

While wearing a flattering red dress,  your date won’t be able to take thier eyes off of you! Pair your dress with either classic flats for a girly touch, or black heels for a more glam look.  Wear a smoky eye and a nude lip to pull the look together. 

TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.