5 Easy Halloween Dessert Recipes to Pin for Next Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Even though Halloween has come and gone (too quickly, might I add), it’s never too late to pin some new dessert recipes for next year.  Whether you need to quickly whip up some snacks for a party or you’re just looking for something fun and festive to make with your friends, these easy recipes for cute and tasty Halloween treats are sure to be a hit!

1. Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats

I’m sure most of you have at least attempted to make homemade rice krispie treats in the past. Put a Halloween spin on them with this recipe!

What you need:

•    3 tablespoons butter or margarine

•    1 package of marshmallows

•    6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal

•    frosting

•    candy corn (optional)

What you do:

1.     In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.

2.     Add Kelloggs Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.

3.     Use a buttered spatula to evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into candy corn shape using a cookie cutter or knife. Decorate with frosting and/or candy corn.

2. Spider Cookies

This is probably the easiest recipe on this list. This recipe originally calls for Red Hots instead of M&Ms but, personally, I think Red Hots and Oreos would taste weird. Feel free to use them if you feel differently, however.

What you need:

• Oreos (preferably the ones with orange frosting, but not completely necessary)

• M&Ms

• pull ‘n’ peel Twizzlers

• frosting

What you do:

1.     Very carefully pull apart the Oreos

2.     Pull apart the Twizzlers and cut the strands 1.5-2 inches in length. Stick four strands on each side of the Oreo in the frosting so they look like legs. Put the Oreos back together.

3.     Stick 2 M&Ms (M down) on the top of the cookies with frosting for eyes.

3. Dirt n’ Worms

One of my favorite recipes as a kid! Super easy to make and super nostalgic to eat.

What you need:

• more Oreos!

• chocolate pudding (or butterscotch, but vanilla won’t cut it because it’s too light)

• gummy worms

What you do:

1.     Prepare the pudding as directed on package; set aside. Crush up the Oreos, as fine or as lumpy as you want it; set aside. If you want very fine dirt you should remove the frosting in between first, as it will clump.

2.     Pour the pudding about two-thirds into a cup (if you make both butterscotch and chocolate, you can layer them). Add gummy worms (optional).

3.     Pour the Oreo crumbs on top of the pudding and fill the rest of the cup.

4.     Add more gummy worms and enjoy!

4. Halloween Candy Bark

This treat is one of the slightly more difficult ones because you need candy bark, but it’s totally worth the effort for such a cute and yummy dessert!

What you need:

•    1 pound vanilla candy bark / candy melts / white chocolate

•    mini pretzel twists

•    Oreos

•    candy corn 

•    assorted sprinkles

•    any other candies you want!

What you do:

1.     Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Chop or break the larger candies, cookies, and pretzels; set aside.

2.     Melt the vanilla candy bark or white chocolate as directed on package. Pour about half of the melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet, then spread about 1/4 inch thick.

3.     Working quickly, add an assortment of pretzels, cookie pieces, candy corn and any other candies in a single layer.

4.     Pour the remaining melted chocolate on top of the pretzels and cookies and add additional toppings, including sprinkles. Set aside and allow the chocolate to cool fully. You can place the entire baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes to speed up the process.

5.     Once the chocolate is fully set and cool, break the candy bark into pieces.

5. Microwave Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie

Mug cookies! This was a fad a while back that I never really let go of. A very quick and easy-to-make one-serving cookie. To see a recipe for a traditional cookie version, click the link (it’s still single serving though, so you’d have to tweak the recipe to make a batch).

What you need:

• 4 tbsp all purpose flour

• 1 ½ tbsp granulated sugar

• 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree

• 1 tbsp butter, melted

• 1/8 tsp + 1/16 tsp cinnamon

• 2 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips

What you do:

1.     Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips into an oversized mug and mix until batter is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.

2.     Cook in microwave on for about 50 seconds (careful not to overcook because just a few seconds can overcook the cookie). Let cookie cool for a few minutes before eating.