5 Best Toppings To Celebrate National Pizza Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

When I learned October was National Pizza Month, I saw it as the perfect excuse to write about all of my favorite pizza toppings. Whether you’re a plain kind of girl, or you love mushroom or even pineapple pizza, there’s a topping for everyone.  If you’re anything like me, you enjoy almost every pizza topping.

1.Pepperoni Pizza

This is probably the most “simple” topping next to plain cheese, but something about it just tastes so good! I’ve been eating it since I was about 8 years old, and I will never stop.

Photo Source

2.Penne Vodka Pizza

If you’ve never tried penne vodka on pizza, I’m sorry, but you’re missing out. It’s a combination of the two best foods: bread and pasta!

Photo Source

3.Chicken Parm Pizza

Some pizzerias have amazing chicken parm pizza, but others can’t seem to get it right. Either way, it’s still one of my all-time favorites.

Photo Source

4.Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza

I first tried this topping by accident because I mistook it for another type of pizza, but I’m glad I made that mistake. It doesn’t sound like chicken, bacon, and ranch would be a good combination all together, but I promise you it is magnificent.

Photo Source

5.Chicken Francaise Pizza

Most of you are probably saying, ‘What?’ right about now because I only know one pizza place that makes this (although I’m sure there are others), but I go there ALL THE TIME. It’s so delicious, and I have to say, without a doubt that it’s my favorite kind of pizza, hands down. I love all my other toppings, but this one takes the cake.

Photo Source

I hope you spend the month of October trying out all the different pizza toppings you never thought you’d like. You never know, you might find a new go-to.

Thumbnail Source

Alyssa is a senior English major at TCNJ who loves to read, write, listen to music, and spend time with her friends, family, and dog. She is currently a Features Editor for HCTCNJ. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.