This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

As school picks up, you may find that you don’t have as much time to read as you would like to. Here are four books that are quick, easy reads – and that are also trending.

1. Between the World and Me: This is the book that everyone is talking about right now. And for a good reason. It highlights how black people are oppressed by the “Dream” which was created for white people. The book also shuts down common arguments made by people in this country such as “we have made good progress since slavery” and “it was so long ago.”  
  2. The Girl on the Train: This became a very popular psychological thriller – and is now a movie. It has over 50,000 Amazon reviews. I was expecting a lot more from the book, and was a little disappointed in the plot structure and ending, but I did notice my hands were shaking at 1 AM as I couldn’t put the book down. It’s great if you need a break in between your studies and want to unwind!  
  3. The Handmaid’s Tale: Think along the lines of George Orwell’s writing. You see a dystopia and know that your current society isn’t like that- but what it could be. And what’s scary is that these political and social instances were taken from real situations either in America or in other parts of the world. While it’s not a thriller, it will haunt you in its own way.  
  4. Rich Dad, Poor Dad: As the title suggests – the book talks about money management. My dad gave it to me when we argued about my monthly credit card bill. It highlights the difference between what you want and what you need – and how millionaires are the most brutal when differentiating between the two. It’s a great way to help college students allocate their money since we are trapped in cash distribution of coffees, spring break trips, and take-out. 
A Junior Biology major with side passions of coffee, fashion, makeup, and Netflix. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.