4 Highlights from HC’s NY College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Dreaming of attending the world famous NY Fashion Week one day? You are certainly not alone, but maybe experiencing this kind of a celebration of fashion is not as far-fetched as you think! Her Campus is currently celebrating their 5th year of honoring fashion for college women with a traveling fashion show, College Fashion Week. The show has stopped in a handful of cities, and just so happened to kick off October with a stop in NYC! I decided to check CFW out this year, with absolutely no idea of what to expect and, let me just say, I was certainly not disappointed! Here are four of the best moments from NY College Fashion Week 2016.

1. The Perks

All night long guests were offered various special treatments such as full makeovers, an eyebrow “browfection” bar, courtesy of the the lovely ladies from the European Wax Center, complimentary refreshments from Sparkling Ice, and more! A night full of pampering? Sign me up!

2. The Candy Bar

Does this really need much explaining? We’re talking unlimited bags, waiting to be stuffed to the brim with all of your favorite candy. I know what you’re thinking, what’s the catch? Just one… you’re on your own to try and make it out alive amidst an alarming amount of crammed-packed, excited teens, each with a MAJOR sweet tooth.

3. The Swag Bags

Freebies are always a plus for college students, and Her Campus has you covered. Admission included a goodie bag filled with samples, discounts, and merchandise from some of the sponsors, including Rebecca Minkoff, Fitbit, Style Watch Magazine, KIND Bars, Skinny Pop Popcorn, Bertha, Maidenform, Perfumania and more!

4. The Fashion

Last, but certainly not least, let’s keep in mind the real reason so many of us collegiates gathered in NYC this past weekend… the fashion! Guests got a first hand look at what trends we’ll be seeing all over this fall, with four different fashion shows, each full of designs from a variety of brands. The models elegantly strut the runway, styling everything from Greek life fashion and comfy, chic clothes, to night-out ensembles! The best part? All of the models were REAL college women, some of which had never walked a runway before! It is amazing to celebrate the beauty in the reality and diversity of genuine college students, all while enjoying a fashion-filled night!  

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.