4 Destinations That Will Get You Excited for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It is always sad to say goodbye to summer, but I honestly can’t think of anything better than fall.  It’s the season for cute vests, pumpkin picking, apple cider donuts, and one of the best times to take some artsy photos. Here is a list of some things to do/places to visit to get yourself in the fall mood this year:

1. Terhune Orchards, of course: The most perfect and convenient place to go apple picking near TCNJ!  It’s impossible to leave Terhune without buying a bag of apple cider donuts (but only when they’re fresh out of the oven, obviously) and taking cute pictures amongst the apple trees and pumpkin patches.

2. Happy Day Farm: Located in Manalapan, NJ and although it’s a little far, it’s totally worth it! So many people have been making the trip to run through the beautiful sunflower fields and to take some artsy pictures here.  Their next Pumpkin Festival is on October 29th, where you can spend the day hanging out in the pumpkin fields and trying to complete a corn maze.

3. Princeton: Walking through the campus during this time is honestly the best. From the beautiful buildings and shops nearby, Princeton is the perfect place for a chill outside adventure with friends.  And since ice cream is always in season, make sure to stop by The Bent Spoon. 

4. New Hope, PA: Another cute town with tons of shops and restaurants. Two awesome places to visit this fall are Solebury Orchards, known for apple picking and their homemade apple cider, and Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve, which is the perfect place to walk around during a nice day.

I hope this list sparks some adventure inspiration for your perfect start to fall! 

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.