10 Ways to Spend a Perfect Day in Princeton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Growing up in Montgomery, a small town that has only a WAWA, farms, and a Shoprite people spend a majority of their time in the neighboring town of Princeton. Since I now I work in Princeton and go to TCNJ, I would like to educate you college kids on how to make the most of your visit to this quaint town.

1. Hoagie Haven/ Chuck’s Spring Street Café

Food is always first on my list of priorities, so let’s start out with some places to grab some grub. There are a million of delicious places to eat in Princeton but here are a few that will not break the bank. If you have not heard of Hoagie Haven, it is basically the Fat Shack of Princeton. Unfortunately, Hoagie Haven does not deliver but it does have the same greasy, high-calorie, yummy sandwiches college kids cannot get enough of. Another calorie splurge you must indulge in are Chuck’s wings; these are no joke some of the best wings on the planet.

2. Fruity Yogurt

It really is just not a day in Princeton without quality fro-yo or bubble tea.

3. Bent Spoon/ Halo Pub

Princeton is known for having some fabulous ice cream places. One of my personal favorites is the Bent Spoon, their natural flavors and small shop will make you definitely feel like a hipster. If you prefer more traditional flavors you’ll love the rich flavors of Halo Pub.

4. D’Angelo Italian Market/ Olives

These two gourmet markets will assure the fact you’ll never be satisfied with eick food ever again.

5. Princeton Record Exchange

I could go on talking about food forever, but there are plenty of other things to do in Princeton besides eat. Let’s move on to my second favorite activity after eating, shopping. You cannot go to Princeton without hitting the Princeton Record Exchange. However my advice is to hit this spot last on your trip because once you enter, you will never want to leave.

6. Mandalay Trading Company

I have to admit I am biased when it comes to this spot because I work here. Although this still is an awesome place to visit, there is so much in such a small space to see. Mandalay is often over looked because it is so small, but I assure you it is a hidden gem. People often do not know how they ended up in this place but it is usually hard for them to leave since there is so much cool stuff to discover.

7. Grove Street Consignment/ Urban Outfitters

The Grove Street Consignment shop is a thrift shop, but do not let the word thrift fool you, you definitely have to search for a good deal. This is another place you could easily spend forever looking through all the unique finds. Even though the Urban Outfitters is new, I had to slip it on to the list. I pretty much should pitch a tent and live in the sale section of this Urban because you can pretty much always find me there. I cannot go to Princeton and not visit this pretty two-story Urban.

8. The Fountain Of Freedom

At this point you are probably broke, so let’s move on to some sightseeing you can do that does not require money.  I really do not believe you went to Princeton until you take pictures by the fountain.

9. Palmer’s Square

There is always something going on in Palmer’s Square; it is a really pretty place to chill. Sometimes there are bands playing, other times there might be a wedding. During the holiday times they pitch a huge lit up Christmas tree in the middle of the square.

10. The Princeton University Campus

I mean the town revolves around it for a reason. Be sure to take pictures by the famous spots on campus as well!

I am a current sophomore undergraduate student at The College of New Jersey majoring in elementary education (Math/Science/Technology) with a specialization in Mathematics. I have a strong passion for education. I love to bake and have blog dedicated to the cakes I bake (click here to check it out).