alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things Every College Girl Should Carry With Her

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

More times than not, I have found myself needing something so basic that I could have just slipped into my purse! Now I carry these 10 things everywhere and they’re so helpful! So here are 10 things I think every college girl should carry in her purse!

1. Travel Size Deodorant

This is probably one of the most important things you should always have in your bag! Although applying deodorant is typically a part of every morning routine, it’s not uncommon that you run out of the door on a busy morning without applying it. Instead of feeling sweaty and gross all day, if you carry a mini sized stick, you can feel protected from odor and sweat all day long.

2. Tampons

This is self explanatory- but you can never be too safe. Keeping extra tampons in your bag will make you feel more secure, and you’ll always have one to give to that girl panicking in the bathroom because she doesn’t have one!

3. Gum

Gum can be useful for so many different reasons. It’s great for when you’re feeling like your breath could use freshening, if you’re feeling anxious, or if you need to feel more awake! Chewing gum has also been known to help improve memory, so carrying a pack can be pretty useful.

4. Safety Pins 

Safety pins can be really handy. Last semester, my shirt strap ripped and I was so thankful I had a safety pin to keep my shirt on during a day where I couldn’t go back to my dorm. It’s not necessary to carry a large container of them, but carrying two or three in a ziplock bag is really helpful!

5. Tide To Go Stick

Accidents happen, but there’s nothing more embarrassing than looking like a slob with food stains all over your clothes. If you happen to spill coffee on your white shirt 10 minutes into your day, having a Tide Stick is a necessity.              

6. Hand Sanitizer

t’s always helpful to have hand sanitizer so you can degermitize when you don’t have access to washing your hands. But it’s extremely important during flu season because germs are everywhere! This could help you avoid getting sick! 

7. Bandaids

You never know when you’ll need one!

8. Mascara tube

When I’m running really late and don’t have time to put on makeup, having a small tube of mascara in my bag can really come in handy. A little bit of mascara can really help you look and feel much more put together!

9. Concealer

If I’m having a ~no sleep the night before~ type of day, having a little concealer to blot under my eyes before class really helps me feel awake and refreshed! 

10. Hair Brush

This is a necessity for girls like me who get really knotty hair. Also, it’s important to able to brush your hair before class, a meeting, or an interview to keep yourself looking put together!

These are 10 things I carry with me everywhere! They have all been very helpful for me, so hopefully they will help you too.

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.