This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Can you believe the Spring 2022 semester is already upon us? Get prepared for these next few months by exploring some of the essentials you need to get you through.

1. Optimism

To get through the spring semester, optimism is essential. Maintaining a positive outlook in the face of adversity will help to alleviate stress and frustration. Rather than expect the worst, learn to hope for the best! 

1. Short-term & Long-term Goals 

Developing short-term and long-term goals in your life will motivate you to work hard throughout the semester. The success of short-term goals facilitates the success of long-term goals. Each accomplishment along the way will bring you closer and closer to where you want to be.   

1. Designated Downtime

Even when times get overwhelming, scheduling designated downtime to rest and relax will improve your mental health. Instead of worrying about academics, focus on prioritizing some acts of self-care. Make sure to avoid getting burnt out!     

1. Organized Study Plan

Keeping up with work for 4-5 classes can get difficult. To complete assignments, meet project deadlines, and prepare for exams, an organized study plan will ensure that you perform well in your classes. With a specific schedule in mind, you can use your time more wisely.    

1. Updated Wardrobe  

Spring welcomes new fashion trends. For those days when you have some extra time and you feel like dressing up, add in a few cute outfits to wear to class. Introduce an updated wardrobe that captures the beauty of the new season.   

1. Redecorated Dorm 

Nothing wrong with a little spring cleaning! Consider redecorating your dorm for a refreshing feel. Hanging some new personalized photos and posters around the room will create a more enjoyable atmosphere for you.   

1. Dreams for Spring Break 

Isn’t everyone dreaming of that mid-semester break already? Outline a few of your wishes for what you want your spring break to look like. Use this opportunity to rejuvenate yourself for the second half of the semester. 

1. Internship Applications 

Consider applying to internships to make use of your summer vacation and gain valuable work experience. Explore internships that may be available to you and send out your application. It’s worth it to get yourself out there!  

1. Summer Bucket List 

Spring semester means summer is just around the corner. Get excited about enjoying this time off! Create a summer bucket list to give you something to look forward to in the upcoming months. 

1. Vision Board   

What do you want your life to look like? Display your dreams by designing a vision board. This creative idea adds a visual element to your hopes for the future and allows you to visualize your ideal life.

Reader. Writer. Dreamer. Lover of all things relating to language and literature.