10 Perks Of Living In Campus Town

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Photo Credit: njbiz.com

Living in a new and completely furnished apartment just a few feet from campus sounds pretty awesome, right? Well, Campus Town has made your college dream a reality. As a resident of Campus Town, I am able to appreciate the many perks of the apartments. Here are the perks of my new home:

1. First of all, it’s completely NEW. When will you be able to have the opportunity to break-in completely new furniture and appliances?

2. Instead of walking outside in the cold or rain, even through a creepy old basement to get to a washer and dryer, you have your very own set inside your apartment.

3. Listen up chefs and foodies, all Campus Town apartments have a full kitchen! Yes, you heard me, right. Cooking for myself has encouraged me to eat healthier and to actually learn how to cook. Plus, you can always satisfy your sweet tooth by baking homemade goodies in your very own apartment.

4. Two words: Full Beds. Enough said.

5. Tired of wasting time washing dishes? Don’t fret because every Campus Town apartment is equipped with a dishwasher to take care of all those dirty utensils and dishes.

6. There are single apartments for those who like their privacy, but also apartments for 2 or 4 people. Doubles have their own full bathroom while apartments built for 4 people have 4 separate sinks and 2 full bathrooms. Say goodbye to waiting to use the shower or sink!

7. Restaurants, shops and a new gym! Although only the Barnes and Noble and Starbucks are open at the moment, Campus Town has so many awesome restaurants and stores coming for the enjoyment of TCNJ students and Ewing locals. Some of the restaurants coming soon include Piccolo Pronto, Mexican Mariachi Grill, RedBerry Frozen Yogurt, and Panera Bread. Other stores such as Verizon Wireless, Enterprise, Polished Nail Salon, and Spencers Savings Bank will be opening in the coming months.

8. Residents are able to stay in their apartments during winter and spring break. This is convenient for those who work in the area or just want some time away from home.  

9. Luckily, Campus Town is close to the academic buildings that are normally a trek from on campus dorms. Now you can roll out of bed 10 minutes before class and still make it on time.

10. All of the above perks are great and all, but the most important part of living somewhere is that you feel at home. My Campus Town apartment is definitely a place I am proud to call my home away from home.

Look out for the grand opening of the gym on September 21st and for the restaurants and shops opening in later months!

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.