This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I just want to first say that you don’t have to dress up for class, you’re not paying $30,000 a year so that the dude in your lecture has something nice to look at.

But if you want to look and feel good about your appearance then know that makeup is one of the best confidence boosters a girl can get – especially when it won’t take an hour to complete. This beauty routine is super simple, uses at most 8 items and, most importantly, takes only 10 minutes to do!

So here’s what you’ll need:

1. Primer

2. Concealer

3. Mascara

4. Lip gloss/chapstick

5. Either a makeup brush or beauty blender (to blend the concealer)

6. BB cream (optional)

7. Setting spray (optional)

8. Brow product (optional)

Step 1: After you’ve washed your face, apply some primer to your fresh face as that allows the makeup to last through the day and not crease.

Step 2: You can apply the BB cream to your face and blend it out using either the beauty blender or blending brush OR you can skip the BB cream and just apply concealer under your eyes and any other spots that you would like to conceal.

Step 3: Apply mascara to your eyelashes. The use of mascara and concealer helps brighten up the eyes and make you look more awake and alert.

Step 4 (optional): You can go ahead and fill in your brows. To save some time it’s recommended to use a brow pencil since it takes less time to apply than a pomade.

Step 5: Go ahead and apply your preferred lip product. I personally like to use a nude lip gloss since it elevates the look a little like lipstick would and it’s still moisturizing like lip balm.

Step 6 (optional): Apply some setting spray to help keep your makeup in tact just a longer. I use setting spray all the time just so I don’t have to worry about reapplying halfway through the day.

And voila! Now go and conquer that 8am girl, you got this!

Sophomore at TCNJ
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.