This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMUSA chapter.

Do you dare celebrate Halloween this year? Overall, 2020 has been a continuous cycle of unfortunate events. However, I’m hoping Halloween will be an exception. This is one of the most festive times of the year. San Antonio hosts many events that are enjoyable for a wide range of ages. From spooky movie nights to ghostly gatherings, here is a list of events you can look forward to this spooky season! 

One of the newest and most popular spots in San Antonio is the drive-in at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. The Rooftop Cinema Club is kicking off in October with some of the best Halloween flicks. Movies such as Hocus Pocus, The Craft, Coraline, HalloweenTown, and many more will be showcased. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. for visitors to start arriving and claim their spots. Prices range according to parking sections and military affiliation. Don’t forget to bring some tasty snacks and cozy blankets! These showings do sell out pretty far in advance, make sure to purchase your tickets to enjoy a chilling movie night! 

If you want something more thrilling, Six Flags Fiesta Texas also has their annual Hallowfest! This year, things will be a little different due to COVID-19. Dreadfully, there will be no haunted houses or indoor mazes/shows for guests. But do not fear, the Lone Star Amphitheater will be hosting a new attraction, the Fear Acres. Walk around and get ready to experience some ghoulish encounters! Of course, there will be a firework extravaganza ending every night. Beware – the scarier creatures and monsters come out as the moon rises. If you plan to take younger family members, it is best to do it earlier in the day. 

The San Antonio Zoo is now offering the Drive-Thru Zoo-Boo! This event will be in action every Friday in October from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m! Tickets are sold by vehicle and can be found for purchase on the San Antonio Zoo website. The website offers an audio tour to listen to while you explore all things creepy and crawling. You also have the option to grab some sweet treats during your tour. This event is perfect for those who are easily spooked. Costumes are encouraged!

One of my personal favorite activities to do every Halloween, is going to the 13th Floor Haunted House. With strict safety policy being enforced, there will be limited capacity allowed. Unlike previous years, this season you can only enter with the group of people you came with. Tickets are expected to sell out quickly. They can be purchased online or at the gates. This attraction is perfect for those who want a spine-chilling experience. Go with a group you can trust and pray you can make it through. 

From one bad witch to another, I hope you have a magical and frightening All Hallow’s Eve – and I hope you make it to Thanksgiving! 

P.S. Virgins please stay away from the black flamed candle.

Demi is a sophomore student at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. Demi is majoring in history and minoring in kinesiology- coaching with a teacher certification. Born and raised in Texas, Demi loves to travel to new destinations as often as she can. Demi is intrigued with all thing’s leopard print, pink and sparkly! In her free time, she enjoys shopping, making arts and crafts, and hanging out with her cats. Follow Demi on Instagram @demirenayv to get a glance at her life!
Lanie is a junior at Texas A&M University-San Antonio majoring in Communications with a minor in English. She is a passionate journalist with interests in lifestyle, entertainment, and enjoys creative writing on the side. When she's not typing away on her computer, you can find her updating the Her Campus TAMUSA Instagram page or reading a book. To discuss her wild conspiracy theories, you can reach her at lpere034@jaguar.tamu.edu or @lanielovee on Instagram.