This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMUSA chapter.

Happy November, Lovelies!

The weather has been nothing short of gorgeous lately, just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Now I know most of you will not be gathering with family during the holidays this year, but that does not mean you can’t have a wonderful celebration at home and still dress the part. San Antonio tends to always be in the 70s weather-wise, so let’s chat about how we can dress for turkey day.

Let’s start with some casual looks:

Outfit #1:

A shift dress or sundress, cardigan, ankle boots, or tall riding boots, accessorized with a hat and a simple necklace. Wearing a dress is simple and comfortable for us ladies if you find the right one, no need to suck it in after eating all that turkey, and you can dress it up or dress it down with your favorite converse or athletic shoes.

Outfit #2:

A pair of skinny jeans or boyfriend jeans, a cute t-shirt like a concert t-shirt or a shirt with a cute saying, some ankle boots/flats/tennis shoes, and a bold accessory like a pink bracelet or a polka dot headband, to add some vibrancy to the outfit, or you can do a pair of colored jeans with a white top (this can be dressy or a plain white t-shirt), ankle boots and simple accessories to top it off.

Outfit #3:

Black leggings, a cute sweatshirt or chunky cardigan, any t-shirt underneath, comfy shoes (I love to wear my vans or converse). This look is probably my go-to. I love to be cozy and have flexibility in my outfits on holidays.

Now for some dressier looks:

Outfit #1:

Plaid shirt, navy or tan skirt, nude heel. Tuck the shirt into the skirt and have a cardigan available for when it gets cold—a simple headband for an accessory as well as simple jewelry. 

Outfit #2:

A cocktail dress in either navy, green, or wine with a nude heel. Hair in a low ponytail with some simple accessories.

Outfit #3:

A nice blouse with a leopard-like print or striped, with grey or black dress pants. This can be worn with or without a blazer and tan or black flats or heels.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to dress for Thanksgiving. If you still need a better visual, go onto Pinterest and type in keywords like “blazer” or “cocktail dress.” That way, it gives you a better idea of what to purchase or what to use from your closet. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Danielle VanBuskirk is a Senior English Major at Texas A&M University San Antonio. She plans on going into medical and technical writing. She currently resides in Tyler,TX with her husband and 4 Fur babies. When she isn't lounging around reading romance novels she is busy working on her little side business where she gets to bring her love of fashion and creation to life.
Lanie is a junior at Texas A&M University-San Antonio majoring in Communications with a minor in English. She is a passionate journalist with interests in lifestyle, entertainment, and enjoys creative writing on the side. When she's not typing away on her computer, you can find her updating the Her Campus TAMUSA Instagram page or reading a book. To discuss her wild conspiracy theories, you can reach her at lpere034@jaguar.tamu.edu or @lanielovee on Instagram.