Style > Beauty

Change Your Makeup Game with These 5 Beauty Products Under $10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMUSA chapter.

If you didn’t pay $30 for a makeup product, then it must not be good, right? Wrong! I know the struggle of breaking my budget and trying to step up my makeup game, but not anymore. These 5 beauty products will change your makeup game, all while saving you money! Trust me, once you try these products, you’ll be buying them again, and again, and again, never looking back.  

e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer ($6.00)

Okay ladies, listen! Can someone say “no creasing?” The beauty community is hooked on this new product on the block that is making its place on the market!  This concealer brightens up all the right places. With its easy application, you are guaranteed a beautiful, full-coverage, lightweight finish. It will have you saying #NoFilter on all of your selfies. I use this concealer to highlight all the areas of my face and it makes a great base for my eyeshadow! 

Wet N Wild Photo Focus Loose Setting Powder ($5.99)

This beautiful translucent powder will have your skin set and flawless. “Flashback-Mary” who? We don’t know her! This powder will mattify your face, without making it dry or clumpy. It is the perfect powder to bake your face and contour your nose. What started out as a last-minute, desperate purchase turned into my new must-have! 

Essence Cosmetics Stay 8H Waterproof Lipliner ($2.99)

Girl, let me put you on! Essence Cosmetics is something every girl needs to have in her bag, starting with the waterproof lipliner. These liners not only have the smoothest application, but the pigment is real! I can achieve the perfect lip shape in just one application. If you’re like me and love to have that natural lip-plump, these are the liners for you! P.S. you can now find this product at your local CVS store.

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer ($9.99)

Trust me when I say you need this in your life! This foundation has been my holy grail for the past 3 years. Not only is the price amazing, but the finish is even better. This foundation gives you the perfect coverage without making your face feel cakey. This is one of the few drugstore brands that actually have a wide variety of foundation shades, which makes me love it even more! Whether you are oily, dry, or both, you’ll definitely have that beautiful finish. 

Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder ($4.99)

Last but certainly not least, we have another banger from Wet N Wild. I first saw Youtuber Jeffree Star try this product in one of his videos, where it was “Jeffree Star approved,” and I was instantly shook! It was definitely love at first glow. My favorite way to achieve this MegaGlo is to apply the highlighter after I use my setting spray, that way I get that perfect luminous look! Babe, get ready to shine bright like a diamond when you use this product.

Julianne (or Jules) is a Senior at Texas A&M University-San Antonio where she is studying Business Marketing. Jules will graduate in the Spring of 2021. Her passions include all things beauty, marketing, social media, working out and making a positive impact in women's lives. Follow Jules on social media @hola_itsjules to view her creative makeup looks, journey to self-love, and healthy lifestyle.  
Lanie is a junior at Texas A&M University-San Antonio majoring in Communications with a minor in English. She is a passionate journalist with interests in lifestyle, entertainment, and enjoys creative writing on the side. When she's not typing away on her computer, you can find her updating the Her Campus TAMUSA Instagram page or reading a book. To discuss her wild conspiracy theories, you can reach her at lpere034@jaguar.tamu.edu or @lanielovee on Instagram.