This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMUSA chapter.

Now I know what you’re thinking, how could a 19-year-old male college student identify with any of these songs but as of matter of fact I am a strong feminist and believe in equality for everyone. 

This month is women’s history month and it’s all about contributions and impacts that women have made in history and our society. Whether if it’s becoming our first-ever female vice president or topping the charts in music, women have made a name for themselves and they have made it clear. 

Speaking of music here are ten empowering songs for women by women that I recommend you should listen to all month long!

10. Roar by Katy Perry

9. Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara

8. Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld

7. Woman Like Me (feat Nicki Minaj) by Little Mix

6. Woman Up by Meghan Trainor

5. Truth Hurts by Lizzo

4. No Scrubs by TLC

3. Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys

2. Run the World by Beyonce

1. BO$$ by Fifth Harmony

Happy Listening!

I'm a college freshman at TAMUSA majoring in communications and planning to graduate in 2024. Some of my passions are journalism, advocating equality, working out, and trying to make the world a better place for all no matter what.
Lanie is a junior at Texas A&M University-San Antonio majoring in Communications with a minor in English. She is a passionate journalist with interests in lifestyle, entertainment, and enjoys creative writing on the side. When she's not typing away on her computer, you can find her updating the Her Campus TAMUSA Instagram page or reading a book. To discuss her wild conspiracy theories, you can reach her at lpere034@jaguar.tamu.edu or @lanielovee on Instagram.