The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

90s-esque patterns and pieces are back, and the 2022 Grammy’s confirmed it. This summer, instead of the typical crop top and denim shorts, a mix of Y2K fashion with a little inspiration from the 70s is making a major comeback. Here are five trends that are undoubtfully going to be taking over this festival season:

1. Platform shoes

From boots to sandals and sneakers, platform shoes are more in now than ever. Chunky heels can’t be missed this year, especially with icons like Olivia Rodrigo and Kourtney Kardashian sporting the look lately. If you’re looking to get on the platform shoe train before the best styles sell out, stores like Princess Polly and Dolls Kill have a variety to choose from.

2. Halter necks

Halter necks are making a comeback, but not just the typical thick-strapped pieces we’ve seen before. This summer, thin, strappy, cutout halter tops are taking over the fashion world. Worn with matching skirts or flared pants, or even displayed as the focal point of eccentric dresses, the halter neck cut is happening.

3. Mini skirts

Pairing perfectly with strappy halter tops, the mini skirt, tighter and shorter than ever, is already making its way into streetwear. With the hot weather becoming more and more intense as the summer months near, keep cool and ditch the denim shorts for a mini skirt this year.

4. Bold patterns

Remember that zebra and cheetah print everyone loved in the early 2000s? Well, say hi to those patterns again, along with marble designs, flower patterns, cheetah prints, checkered looks, and essentially, any fabric with bright colors. Pairing them with one another is in, too, so be ready to see some unique combos.

5. Feathers

Yes, feathers. Boas, feather accents, and everything in between are becoming a staple accent this summer. Previously worn for a night out or with costumes, feather accent pieces are now displayed for more occasions. My favorite ways to see feathers incorporated into everyday wear are on the cuffs and necklines of tops.

So, take my word for it: Y2K is back, and it’s better than ever. Combining trends from the disco period in the 70s and form-fitting looks in the 90s, this fun, fresh style will take the summer by storm.

Howdy! My name is Sydnie Harrell, and I served as President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at TAMU for the 2022-2023 school year. Feel free to get in touch with me on social media.