This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you’re not using Google Calendar you’re missing out on one of the best organization tools out there today. There is so much this app does and not everyone is aware, so I’m going to spell it out for you. Here’s the top 5 reasons you should be using Google Calendar.

It’s literally free

You get access to Google Calendars (and so much more) with a free Google account. When something this good is free, there’s no excuse to not try it out.

You can use custom colors

You can pick from the preset colors or create your own. Websites like Coolors.co allow you to make a color palette and copy-paste the HEX code into Google Calendars. Using your own color palette gives you full customization of your calendar.

The “more options” section for events is EXTENSIVE

Your options are almost endless for ways to detail your event/meeting. You can:

– Add a Google Hangout or Zoom link

– Add a location to avoid confusion

– Set up unlimited notifications 

– Set custom settings for availability during the event

– Add notes and attachments

– Invite guests 

– Make it a repeat meeting at any interval

Share your calendars with others

You can give friends, family, and co-workers access to your calendars. The privacy options are extensive, ranging from letting others have full control to only allowing them to see details you choose.

There are so many Add-ons

Add-ons like Google Keep and Tasks allow you to take notes and make a to-do list inside of Google Calendar. There are so many add-ons, from Zoom for GSuite to an attendance taker, that allow you to further customize your experience.

Google Calendar has so many helpful tools and options – there’s no reason you should ever be unorganized. If you want to learn more about this app’s capabilities, check out this Google Calendar training in the G Suite Learning Center. Happy organizing!

Kristen Hejl is a junior Special Education major at Texas A&M University. Her passions include food, emojis, dogs, and coffee. 9 times out of 10 you can find her following the Corps of Cadets around with a camera.