This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

You wanna know the worst part about being a broke college kid? Not being able to afford going to Coachella. But, one day once we have our Aggie ring and diploma that will no longer be a problem, and we will be Cali bound to attend the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. What can be better than great music and art, beautiful weather, can’t-beat-it festival fashion and endless good vibes? Nothing. Although you may have gotten a glimpse of the festival on your Snapchat this past weekend, it doesn’t compare to the real life experience (just a very confident guess via your Coachella experience-less source). Coachella is one of the most sought after music festivals for many big reasons, and here are just a few from this year’s festival (thus far; it’s not over yet!!):

The Performers:

This year Coachella had an incredible line up including headliner, Drake, Madonna, Tyler the Creator, AC/DC, Azealia Banks, Jack White, Florence & the Machine, The Weekend and the list goes on and on and on and…well you get the picture. Although I can’t speak for myself, reports said that they killed it on stage and that it was more than reciprocated by the jam packed, screaming crowds that had the honor of possibly grazing hands with one or more of the performers.

The Performances:

With great performers come great performances. Drake probably knocked it out of the park, but as far as a great on stage performance goes, he wasn’t solo the entire time. Madonna joined him on stage and before long the two engaged in a pretty intense make out sesh (aggressively initiated by Madonna—duh) for the world of Coachella to see. His rather shocked reaction after only add on to the level of entertainment.

The Art:

When you think of art at a music festival, I’m sure it’s hard to imagine a Mona Lisa-like painting sitting in a field of wild ravers. No. The art at Coachella is contemporary, fresh, inventive and oh so impressive. Some of the exhibits and displays included live art with actors dressed as hippos, while others varied from a marble sculpture of the “Coachella Party God” (which was actually a cat), to a recycled structure resembling two metal big horn sheep. The most note worth of the show, however, was “Papilio Merraculous,” the roaming art installation that resembled a giant caterpillar which went through metamorphosis over night turning into a massive colorful butterfly by Sunday.

The Fashion:

Festival fashion has become quite popular in the last decade, but Coachella stands as the epitome of this boho trend. Coachella fashion is almost as popular as the performances; everyone wants to be in style, make a statement and out shine in their planned-months-in-advance Coachella attire. In fact, Coachella is the stomping grounds for some of the most popular fashion bloggers and fashionistas. This year, dauntless ad flashy boho trends rocked the festival (almost as hard as Jack White’s solo).

The Celebs:

Fashion bloggers and fashionistas aren’t the only ones who want to make their appearance. If you’re hoping to ever run into someone famous, I’d say ditch L.A. and hit up Coachella. They’re everywhere (from what I’ve seen in pictures). Celebrities Justin Beiber, Rihanna, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Pattinson, Fergie, Kendall and Kylie Jenner and some of the VS Angels were just a few of the stars to grace Coachella with their presence this year.

The Location:

Location, location, location—it’s everything. Coachella is held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert. So yeah, California. The mild desert temperatures and the cool breezes made for a delightful Coachella experience this year (again, according to reports).