This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

I’m sitting here, the night before I leave for Norway, looking at an empty suitcase. There’s a load of laundry going through a wash cycle in the background. Clothes are everywhere except on me and in my bag. Homework still needs to be completed, and work emails to still be sent out. But, I don’t care. Am I stressed? Yes, 100% yes. Did I do this to myself? Of course I did.

Yet, I wouldn’t change any of it. The stress, worry, excitement, nerves. This is what I live for…the moments before a big, kinda scary, leap. The breaths before you get pushed out of your comfort zone. That ‘a-ha’ moment where you realize you’re finally on the right track. And with travel, I always tend to know I’ve picked the right path. But, what is travel? Is it an action or a feeling? Is it both an action or a feeling? Or is it something completely different?

Travel is exploring somewhere new and getting out of your comfort zone.

Travel is running to make your flight.

Travel is family.

Travel is midnight walks with friends.

Travel is drunken nights in Madrid.

Travel is decorating your first Christmas Tree.

Travel is philosophical talks on a beach in Thailand.

Travel is hugs after years apart.

Travel is hiking with family.

Travel is having a tearful goodbye.

Travel is new memories.

Travel is love.

Catie Martin is a Gemini, a cat lover, and originally from the great state of Maine. She currently works on campus as an Education Abroad Advisor, and is currently getting her Master's in Sport Management (TAMU '23). She loves all things sports and travel, and you can can count on her to inundate you wit pop culture news. She's been to over 25 countries, with Norway being her most visited at 10 times, and she's lived abroad in Madid, Spain and Bangkok, Thailand.