Welcome to Sumlin’s World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Fall is here and that means cooler temperatures, back to school, and most importantly in the eyes of a fan, football. Football here in Aggieland has taken the nation by storm competing against the best teams in the country. Two seasons with Johnny Manziel changed Texas A&M forever. Whether it was construction on campus, watching the incoming freshman classes get bigger and bigger, or watching Coach Sumlin take over the recruiting battle, everything was changing. The biggest project of them all was the redevelopment of our beloved Kyle Field. The home of the 12th Man was getting a makeover that would cost 450 million dollars. With the project going to be completed for the 2015 season, half of it is done and the 12th Man packed the stands for the first home game on September 6, 2014. Kyle Field set a new college football record for the largest attendance in the state of Texas with 104,728 fans. That evening the Aggies beat Lamar 73-3. A week later the Aggies were back to beat Rice in late game with the final being 38-10. With a new era beginning and quarterback Kenny Hill leading the way, the Aggies are number 6 in the current AP Top 25 poll as they look to get back-to-back road wins against SMU and Arkansas.