This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION, October. 28, 2022 – This evening, Twin City Missions will host their annual Trunk or Treat to benefit their residents with the help of TAMU student organizations. The event helps bring the Halloween spirit to the local shelter and provides a source of fun (and candy) for Twin City Missions’ kids and adults!

“The Trunk or Treat provides an opportunity for the kiddos in our shelter as well as the surrounding community to come and enjoy the evening. We strive to create opportunities where our kiddos can just be kids, many of them are growing up under very stressful circumstances. The Trunk or Treat also provides an evening for our adult clients to come and enjoy the atmosphere and have a good time, it lets them put their cares and worries aside for a few hours,” says Lindsey Smart, Director of Special Events and Volunteer Operations.

This year, Twin City Missions has partnered with 6 TAMU student organizations to provide fun, Halloween, and fall-themed trunks for the event, sidewalk games, and prizes. Trunk or Treat will be a private event for the children and families of the shelter.

Twin City Missions was founded in the Brazos Valley in 1963 with the vision to create “a community in which all individuals and families have the opportunity for hope, acceptance, and stability in a safe and caring environment”, and aims to “accomplish its Vision through programs addressing: homelessness, violence and abuse, family conflict, youth in crisis, life skills deficiencies, and poverty”. Just last year, the shelter provided “28,560 meals” and received “15,645 hours of volunteer service” from the local community, according to their website. 

Twin City Missions will not be accepting additional donations for this event but would like to invite the community to participate in their Blanket and Coat drive on November 17th, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, at 2505 South College Ave., Bryan, Texas. Monetary donations are greatly appreciated to help Twin City Missions continue to provide a safe and caring environment for their residents, accepted anytime through their website below. 

For more information about Twin City Missions and their commitment to serving the people of Bryan/College Station, or to make a donation, see their website here: https://www.twincitymission.org/

Logan is an undergraduate at Texas A&M University with a major in agribusiness, two minors in different fields of economics, and an emphasis in marketing. She loves art and her goal as part of Her Campus is to incorporate her creativity into everything she creates. Logan is passionate about empowering women through her work and leadership. "Work hard, and add some spice to your everyday life!"