This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

You’ve seen countless articles about “how to get through finals” but what about WHERE to get through finals? This list provides you with my 10 personal favorite on-campus study spots – ranked! While this ranking is my own personal opinion, I provide you with enough information about each location to decide if it would work for you!

10) Sbisa Underground

Einstein Bros. Bagels, Smashburger, Copperhead Jacks, Smoothie King, Houston St. Subs, Chick-fil-a, and Papa Johns – whew, what a mouthful. There are tables located both inside and outside that are usually pretty accessible. The actual food court fills up between classes, but if you wait it out you can have your pick of tables within 20 minutes. This is a louder environment, but it’s perfect for going through flashcards while you enjoy your Chick-fil-a. There’s not a Starbucks located here, but the Northgate location is a 4-minute walk away, and you can never go wrong with a latte and bagel from Einstein Bros.

9) The Commons Lobby

Not only does the Commons have a dining hall, but the Aggie Express and Southside Market provide you options for snacks too! There are plenty of tables spread out around the lobby, but if you’re looking for a quieter space or some printers, you should head to the OAL.

8) Architecture Quad

If you like studying outside, this is your best bet! The Academic Plaza is always full of people coming to or from class, a perfect excuse for distractions. Located next to the Langford Architecture Center, you have access to Azimuth Cafe. Stop by for a pastry, coffee, or a sandwich – and to charge your device before you head back outside. You can bring a blanket and spread out in the grass, but be careful of frisbees!

7) Rudder

Many people don’t think of Rudder as a place to study. Among all the offices and meeting rooms, there are plenty of scattered couches, tables, and chairs for you to take over for a few hours. It’s almost always quiet, and during the day there are minimal distractions. If you get hungry you can always run to the MSC next door, or check Rudder Plaza for free handouts!

6) MSC

The Memorial Student Center has 3 floors, a Barnes and Noble, and plenty of options for a study break snack. From the flag room to the TVs in the basement to the couches in the hallway, you’re bound to find a place to study. The Barnes and Noble Cafe sells Starbucks coffee, and if you need a scantron on your way out, you can buy one downstairs! Closer to the weekends you can expect higher foot traffic due to tour groups, field trips, and if its the fall, Fightin’ Texas Aggie Football.

5) Evans

The classic Sterling C. Evans Library. During midterms and finals, finding a spot to study can be difficult, but with 6 floors – 2 of which are designated quiet spaces – your chances are pretty good. With all kinds of resources available, you can never go wrong studying in the library. Did I mention they have a Starbucks? If you’re not a coffee person but you need a pick-me-up, there’s an Aggie Express as well as The Grill at the Pavilion not too far from the front steps of Evans.

4) West Campus Library

If you’re looking for the traditional library study environment but don’t want to deal with the pain of finding a table in Evans, WCL is for you. Further from main campus, most people don’t want to make the trek here, leaving all the tables and study spaces open for you! WCL also has a number of study rooms available for reservation, some with space for as many as 9 people.  

3) Quadbucks

A common favorite among bootchasers and cadets alike, Quadbucks has a lot of perks. Of course, easily accessible coffee is important on long study nights; and when you pay with your Starbucks card or mobile app, all those refills on your Grande Pike Roast are free! All four floors have open spaces to study, and floors 3 and 4 have study rooms – equipped with a TV and a whiteboard – that can be reserved at the front desk. Quadbucks all out of study rooms? You can go across the quad to Ash II and reserve one there.

2)  Zachry

A favorite among Engineering majors, this new building boasts 525,000 square feet of space. Now if you’re an Engineering major, this is your place! Study rooms can only be reserved by students, faculty, and staff in the College of Engineering. Zachry is open 24/7; however, if you aren’t an engineering student, you should check their website for public access times. From ample space to outdoor terraces, this building has accommodations for everyone – including a Starbucks!

1) Annex 4th Floor

My second home, and personal favorite place to study. While the private study rooms can fill up a week in advance, there are so many open rooms with ample space to study. Volume varies depending on the ratio of individuals to groups of people; however, since there are 3 or 4 different open areas/rooms, you’re destined to find one that matches your preference of noise. The open rooms and study rooms all have whiteboards, and the front desk will provide dry erase markers and erasers if you ask. There are printers and scanners located near the elevators & with the skybridge to Evans, you’re only a few minutes away from getting your coffee fix at Starbucks.

Kristen Hejl is a junior Special Education major at Texas A&M University. Her passions include food, emojis, dogs, and coffee. 9 times out of 10 you can find her following the Corps of Cadets around with a camera.