Culture > News

The Spirit of Giving Continues in Brazos Valley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, TX, Nov. 30, 2022

To kick off the Christmas season, Food for Families is having their 27th annual drive! This year’s food drive will be Wednesday, December 7th at Brazo Center in Bryan. The purpose of this effort is to collectively work to alleviate hunger in Brazos Valley by donating to food banks around the area. The mission of this event aligns with the Brazos Valley Food Bank (BVFB) mission to eliminate hunger by way of food distribution through a network of nonprofit organizations, providing awareness/education on issues of hunger.

There are other donation locations you can donate to and they are also allowing people to donate online as well. According to the Brazos Valley Food Bank website, they are accepting canned goods, non-perishable items and monetary donations. All in person donations can be made from 6 a.m.-7 p.m. at the following locations:

• Brazos Center in Bryan
  • Citizens State Bank in Navasota
  • Hearne Railroad Museum Depot in Hearne
  • Pridgeon Community Center in Franklin
  • Son-Shine Outreach Center in Madisonville
  • St. Mary’s, Lady of the Lourdes Catholic Church Hall in Caldwell
  • Washington County Expo in Brenham

For more information about donating to Food for Families feel free to visit their website.

A Texas A&M Alumni with a Bachelor of Arts in English,