Wellness > Health

The Most Important Skincare Product You Will Ever Use

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The fall season brings the warm embrace of cinnamon and pumpkin spice. The familiar aromas surrounding this time of year are in full effect and with summer officially wrapped up, the weather is getting cooler. It’s time to go home, rummage through my closet, and find as many sweaters as I possibly can to warm up in the coming months. The transition from summer to fall is refreshing, but the vast majority of us are forgetting something. Although the temperature may be getting cooler, the sun is still working at full force. The most important source of energy for life on Earth is the worst element you can expose your skin to for long periods of time. Applying a sunscreen that works for your skin type, even just once a day, will work wonders for you in the long run. Your skin will thank you and leave you glowing all winter long.

If you’re like me, you like to take your showers in the morning – with the temperature scalding hot. (Ok, maybe not THAT hot, but pretty steamy) Immediately after a shower, I apply my favorite sunscreen of all time: the Elta MD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen in Tinted. I have Normal-Combination skin and this sunscreen does not leave me feeling oily or dry throughout the day. I let it absorb into my skin before applying makeup for a glowing complexion. Every skin type is different and you can choose the best fit for your sun-care needs.

The following are three all-time favorites and a great start if you’re new to skincare.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Tinted Sunscreen ($34.99)

• If you have sensitive skin, this is the way to go.
  • Matte finish, non-greasy, and water resistant.
  • Feels silky on skin without blocking pores.

Paula’s Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen ($22)

• If you spend a lot of time playing sports or participating in outdoor activities, this sunscreen has your back.
  • Feels light and weightless on skin – some report this sunscreen even reduces breakouts!
  • Will not clog pores and leaves skin glowing.

DRMTLGY SPF 46 Universal Tinted Moisturizer ($26)

• Formulated to be used as an all-in-one sunscreen – it works for people with normal, sensitive, or dry skin.
  • Blends in with all skin tones while moisturizing skin.
  • Highly rated for its tinting quality.

There are many different kinds of facial sunscreens out there that range in price and quality. Be sure to have fun in the sun and protect your skin in this chilly weather!

Howdy! I am a Senior Communication major currently minoring in Business. I am passionate about art, design, and I'd love to work in creative media. Gig em!