Culture > News

The Local Getaway: Great Escapes RV Resorts Bryan-College Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

COLLEGE STATION, Oct. 19, 2022 – If you are interested in a place of relaxation and fun while in Aggieland, you should definitely visit Great Escapes Bryan-College Station! Great Escapes is an all-inclusive resort that offers a first-class experience with over 80 acres of land, 309 RV sites, and 64 luxurious cabins. 

They have a lot of amenities including pools, 2 big buildings, and “Ultimutt Hangout” which is named after its mascot Biscuit who is a Corgi. It is equipped with a pool table, giant screen TVs, table tennis, board games, an outdoor pool, a grill, and a shuffleboard, and expect more amenities to be added. One future amenity was a stage, so they have live bands on weekends. “Whereas our other parks are really dedicated towards the children,” Craig Stanford, a representative of Great Escapes said, “this one because we are in college station is really geared towards the college crowd.” 

There are 5 different RV sites to choose from; the standard back in patio, deluxe back in patio, premium back in patio, deluxe pull through patio, premium pull through patio, and the winter seasonal sites. They can hold up to 65 ft long RVs!  Because the resort is all inclusive, guests get passes to go to “Ultimutt Hangout” and other events happening at the resort. See a more detailed layout of the different RV sites here.

At this resort, guests will be able to stay in the cabins. There will be six different cabin options to choose from, and some will be pet friendly and ADA accessible. The largest cabin is the Lone Star which sleeps eight people and comes with a queen size bed in the master bedroom, two queen size beds in the loft, and a set of twin-size bunk beds in a separate space. For the common area, there is a full kitchen, dining area, and a private bathroom. Click here to learn more about the different types of cabins.

The resort will also have a store for guests, to show merchandise, foods, community laundry, and restrooms with food trailers that will be delivered to the cabin. For more information be sure to go to their website.

A Texas A&M Alumni with a Bachelor of Arts in English,