Style > Beauty

The Holy Grail Hair Masks to Save Your Hair From BCS Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

We all know Bryan/College Station water is not it. Without a proper water filter, hard water can cause some serious damage to your hair. The mineral buildup in the water will coat your hair, leading to brittle and dry hair. Not a fun look! Even if you have purchased a filter, residual build up will cause for some brittle ends.

Hair masks are incredible, ensuring your hair is moisturized and shiny. After using a clarifying shampoo, let’s talk about the holy grail hair masks you need to moisture repair your hair.

1.K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask

K18 is a molecular repair leave in mask. This mask is great for those of you who love heat-styling. The K18 mask ensures that your hair is well taken care of after an intense color session.

2. Amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask

This is my personal favorite! This mask is packed with nutrients and vitamins that leave your hair silky, soft, and hydrated.

3. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

This is an incredible once a week hair mask that ensures the perfect balance of protein and moisture is achieved. It will strengthen and moisturize damaged hair.

4. Raw Sugar Healing Power Hair Masque

An incredible and affordable option to repair and moisturize your hair. Great for people with thick and course hair. If you have fine hair do not use it more than once a week, and be sure to rotate with your everyday conditioner.

5. Ouai Treatment Mask for Thick Hair

This is the perfect mask for THICK hair. It delivers moisture and heals those damaged ends. We can’t forget the incredible shine it will give you. If you need the extra moisture, be sure to apply it on dry hair and go about your usual shower routine. It can also be used as a traditional hair mask and repair your hair post shampoo.

These are some of my favorite hair masks, but hair masks won’t be as affective if you aren’t taking care of your hair. Avoid excessive heat damage. Make sure you are getting enough nutrients in your diet. Most importantly, stay hydrated Aggies!

Hi! I’m Arshia a freshman at Texas A&M University. I am currently studying finance. I love traveling, shopping, and hanging out with my amazing roommates!