This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you live under a rock, then you may be unaware of the new Tour movie Taylor Swift recently released in theaters on October 13, 2023. If you were aware or even attended a showing, here’s an honest review as a die hard swiftie. 

For starters, there were a few songs that were cut in the movie: “The Archer”, “no body, no crime” (featuring Haim), “Long Live”, “Wildest Dreams”, and “cardigan.” My only complaint about these songs being removed is that “Long Live” deserved to be in the movie for so many reasons. She just re-released Speak Now TV and “Long Live” is a tribute to swifties; removing it just didn’t make much sense to me. 

Secondly, I was expecting to have some behind the scenes of the tour similar to the Reputation Stadium Tour film. However, the movie was just the concert itself, but it makes sense since the concert itself is already 3 hours long. If there were any behind the scenes in the film, the duration would probably be nearly 4 hours long, which is pretty absurd if you think about it. Disclaimer: I would totally sit down and watch Taylor for 4 hours. 

As for the direction of the film, it was executed wonderfully. Every intro to a new era and every angle of every song truly showed the vision Taylor had for the tour. When I attended the Era’s tour, I had a slightly obscured view in the nosebleeds and didn’t have the luxury of being able to fully grasp the entire set Taylor had created, but this movie helped me see and experience it for a second time in a whole new way. However, the direction of Reputation did seem to have a little bit of 1989 direction… if you know, you know, but it was still an otherworldly experience.

Lastly, as an introverted swiftie, I was a little scared that my showing would be with other swifties who were screaming and blocking my view, but everyone was super respectful. This is not to say we didn’t dance or sing. We did, but respectfully in our seats and not loud enough to where we couldn’t hear Taylor. It was overall an amazing experience, but I wish theaters would have “interactive” and “observable” screenings so fans could choose the experience they truly want to participate in. In all, The Era’s Tour movie was a thrilling experience that made me relive the Era’s concert! It not only allows fans to relive their experience, but also allows fans who were unable to attend the tour who witness it first hand in Ultra 4K HD! Overall rating score: 13/13

Hi, I’m Taylor Douglas! I’m the Events Director for Her Campus at TAMU! I have the honor of creating/running all the events Her Campus does at TAMU! As for my writing, I enjoy creating articles about my personal experiences in life, which range from college experiences, current books I’ve read or new things I’ve tried! Beyond Her Campus, I’m also the Marketing Coordinator for LMSA PLUS at TAMU, which is a Latino Pre-Med organization, where I have the privilege of designing merchandise and updating our website. I also participate in a women’s organization on campus at A&M where I’m encouraged to break out of my shell! Additionally, I am a tutor for 5th and 6th graders off campus, which I love doing! Lastly, I’m a Senior Sociology major in hopes of going to PA school to pursue a career in Psychiatry! My free time is cut very thin, but whenever I do find the time, I enjoy quiet nights, wrapped in my bed sheets watching a good show or movie. I’m currently obsessed with Ugly Betty on Netflix and The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime and I’m probably the biggest Taylor Swift fan you'll encounter and I’m not ashamed to admit it.