ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.
Coastal Grandmother
Anna Schultz-Running Into Ocean Arms Outstretched Inspirational
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

This trend was popular in the 2000s and is the style of every mother in the romcoms that came out in that decade.

This look focused on the crisp and monied summertime look, rocked by Nancy Meyers and others. The looks are made up of linen, loose-fitting pants, and breathable fabrics (this is perfect for Texas heat).

This relaxed, clean look gives the impression that you are waking up to drink coffee and watch the sunrise. A mix of modern styles and cottage core with the idea of living on the beach and having a stone pathway lead to your house.

Shirley Temples (or dirty shirley)

I have always loved Shirley temples and will drink 10 of them and still not be bothered.

Tiktik is raging about Shirley Temples, which is sprite and grenadine. And I’m thinking it will be the drink of the summer. It is simple to make and fun to have at a bar if you aren’t in the mood to drink.

A dirty Shirley is an alcoholic version with Vodka. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but it still gives vibes that match the coastal grandmother summer some people are trying to have.

(The picture above is not a Shirley Temple)

Harry’s House/ Taylor’s Version

Many people are waiting for Harry’s album to drop in a few weeks (me being one of them). There is also some speculation that Taylor will do a double release of 1989 and Speak Now. If that happens, I will be listening to it 24/7, and my family will be tired of hearing them.

Either way, this summer will be filled with some hits from Harry’s House. Be prepared for all the TikToks with sound clips.

Shorts

I’m not talking about your basic Nike shorts or shorts with rips. There is a rising number of people who are buying cargo shorts and shorts that you were forced to wear in middle school. Pairing Bermuda shorts with button-downs and bodysuits is the other clothing trend competing this summer.

Personally, I am going for a mix of both, but the Texas heat is going to say no to heavy denim. If you want to find these shorts in your next shopping hall, search for Bermuda shorts or mid-length shorts.

I'm Gabby - Events Director of Her Campus TAMU. I'm part of the class of 2023, majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies (with a minor in Film). I am dreaming of traveling the world, making movies, and reading books.