This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

December 20, 2022, College Station, TX – The Routh First Generation Center hosted some study hours on a the first of december!

“The purpose of the event is to provide an accessible and safe space for first-generation students to study and prepare for finals,” said Alexia Williams, Program Assistant for The Routh First Generation. 

This event aligns with the mission of supporting first generation students from admission to graduation. The Routh First Generation Center is a dedicated resource hub to support, serve, and celebrate first-generation students. The Center provides a sense of belonging and focuses on the holistic well-being of our students with the support of first-generation students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partnerships.

Up until midnight, students were able to come to center enjoy food, light music, and a free study space. In light of final weeks, common spaces on campus become crowded with students, it is well received by students with other departments provide additional spaces at their disposal.

For students who are interested in learning more about the center please click here. Their center is usually opened from 8am-9pm Monday through Thursday and Friday from 8am-5pm.

A Texas A&M Alumni with a Bachelor of Arts in English,