etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break: Family Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Family vacations may bring up imagery of cherished family times spent laughing on a beach wearing a matching, flowey, all-white ensemble, but this isn’t a commercial for Destin, Florida.

This is real life.

Family vacations can be messy. There’s parents, siblings, pets, packing, and general PANIC!!! All those marketing tactics you see in commercials are only meant to deceive you!

There’s the ever present stock character of Bratty Teenage Daughter Who Is “Too Cool” For Vacation, but I don’t want to perpetuate the stereotype!

Don’t fret though, I have been on my fair share of family vacations, and as I prepare to embark on my first family adventure since I’ve been in college I have decided to keep a few things in mind:

1. I’ve missed my family, and spending any time with them will be a blessing.

2. Although the laws in Mexico are different, I am still going to respect my parents and the fact that they’re paying for this trip.

3. I am an adult, and I can still have fun while I’m exploring!

4. I will admit that I’m nervous for my first out of state vacation since I’ve become a so-called adult, but in the end, I’m getting to explore the world, spend time with my family, and get a well deserved break from my classes!

This spring break enjoy your time whether you’re staying at home, going on family vacation, having a girls’ weekend, or even working!

Soak up some sun and appreciate the well deserved time off from all of your hard work!

Happy Spring Break, Ags!

Browser Image: source

Howdy! I am a Senior International Studies major on the Politics & Diplomacy track with a minor in Spanish. I write articles for readers to learn (and laugh) from my experiences, but also to connect with other college women at Texas A&M. I love to travel, write, paint, and spend time with friends!
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.