Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Spooky Season has arrived! However, this year, things might be a little different due to the pandemic and the overall 2020 blues. Although we all want to dress up and go to a Halloween party with our guys and gals, that might not be an option. Here are some fun and spooky alternatives to safely have a blast this Halloween!

Decorate EVERYTHING and dress up 

We all know that the best part of Halloween is the décor and this crazy year should not stop you from decorating the house ceiling to floor. Get some lights, spooky (or sweet) pumpkins, spider webs, wall décor, fog machines, ANYTHING your heart desires and decorate. Halloween is on a Saturday this year so you can do it through the week or go all out on Saturday and listen to spooky playlists while you’re doing it! If you want to add a cherry on top, you can even create your own Halloween costume and take some fun pictures with all your décor. Just because you can’t go out, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the spirit of Halloween! If you don’t want to decorate alone, invite a few friends or your boo over. Personal Haunted House here you come! 

Scary (or not) Movie Marathon 

What’s Halloween without a scary movie marathon? This marathon can be in person or virtual, depending on what you’re comfortable with. There are a few apps that allow you stream a show with your friends online from a number of services. Or you can get on a video call and watch a movie together. Pick a few scary movies, get your candy and get ready to be spooked! If you’re not into scary movies, there’s also an entire Disney Channel Halloween movie collection on Disney+. This playlist has all the classics for that nostalgic Halloween night. For an in person scary movie party, get some fun Halloween themed snacks, dim the lights and pick out a few fun movies to enjoy! 

Pumpkin Carving Contest 

If you’re in the mood for some friendly competition, get a pumpkin and get creative! This is your classic pumpkin carving competition, gone virtual. Get a pumpkin, chat with a few friends via video chat, and start carving. The ideas are limitless, and you can even pick a theme for everyone to follow when creating their pumpkin. At the very end, pick the best pumpkin and display your beautiful creation on your balcony or porch! You can also have a costume party if you want to keep the fun going or if you’d like an alternative to pumpkin carving.

These are a few ways to have fun this Halloween but also stay safe. This Halloween may look a little different without the parties but that doesn’t mean you don’t get to have fun with your friends! Get your favorite candy, movies, and pumpkins and prepare for a different yet exciting Halloween in the comfort of your home. Happy Spooky Season! 

I'm an English major who loves to read, explore the outdoors, cuddle with my dog and cook!