Spending Your Break in College Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

School breaks are fun and all in high school (because hello a week away from that torturous place was amazing), but breaks in college is ultimate experience! Students jet away to PCB, Gulf Shores, Miami, South Padre, etc. and party the week away. But don’t fear if you are part of the populous that stays on campus during a week-long break, because I have put together a pretty rockin’ list of things to do in College Station whenever 50,000(ish) of us are gone.

1.     Aggie Round Up

Gather up the other ’19 (A-A-A-WHOOP) people still on campus and make a pact to stick together through the adventure of SB in CS/B, trust me on this one. The more people around, the less empty campus feels!

2.     Hit up Northgate and Harry’s.

This is plain obvious! Just think about how much less crowded your favorite bars will be and the cheaper the prices on everything will be because there is no one else to buy them!

3.     Tanning!!!

What better way to spend a sunny day than by tanning by a body of water! Our ponds and fountains are perfect for this. Just picture yourself lying out by the pond, wind blowing your hair, getting your tan on with no one to judge you because the campus will be like a ghost town. Sounds pretty perfect to me if I do say so myself.

4.     Grand Station          

BOWLING!!!! I don’t know about you, but I freaking love bowling. Gather up the other Ags still slumming it in their dorms/apartments/houses, because they got so caught up in school work that they forgot to plan a spring break trip,  and hit up the bowling alley where each of you can get your own lane and be the winner of every round you play! (because winning is always the most important)

5.     Movies

While this idea is a little more lonesome than going out with the other 19 people on campus, going to the movie theater when there is no one else there is literally the best.  You can laugh, cry, and scream at the characters without anyone around to judge you! Have a party with your fellow lonely ags and sit wherever the heck you want because there will seriously be no one else there.

6.     LEAVE

While College Station is amazing, and I truly mean that as I love this town more than any other tiny town in America, spending a week alone here when you could be at home with your family is not so great. Take it from me and go home and see mom and dad (or whoever you call “home”) because home-cooked meals and hometown friends are better than anything you could do in College Station while the rest of the population has peaced out.

But no matter how you spend your break, at least you don’t have to wake up for your 8 A.M. classes for a week and can relax as much as any busy college student can.  Sleep all day and party all night!