So, You’re Going Back Home for Thanksgiving…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Okay. It’s Thanksgiving.

So, what we aren’t going to do here is freak out. Right? What are you doing? No boyfriend yet? What? Your forty-year-old aunt hasn’t even gotten to the good questions yet. Stop hyperventilating.

Let’s face it. You’ve grown tired of eating Ramen. I’ve grown tired of reading all of you complaining about eating Ramen on Twitter. So, now is the time to emerge from this self-destruction. Holidays are great. Holidays are good. There isn’t anything like your mother’s cooking, and nothing can beat out hanging with your hometown friends.

Here’s the problem: Was there a reason you left home in the first place?

I’m here to remind you of your inevitable end come Thursday, November 23rd.

Divorced Parents

Not everyone lives this struggle, but believe me when I say that it is one. It isn’t that I don’t want to spend time with each of them separately. It’s just that a lot of planning goes into deciding who, what, and when for this holiday (and any other holiday).

Small-Talk

“No, I haven’t gotten engaged. No, I haven’t graduated. No, I didn’t get Dean’s List. Wow. I almost hate myself now.”

Superior Cousins

Cousins. Uncles. Aunts. Siblings. Whatever. We know that one guy that flaunts that he’ll be a neurosurgeon by the end of spring. Don’t be that guy. It’s your family, for crying out loud.

Really Weird Significant Others that Nobody Else Wanted There

“Does Sarah, spelled with a “Z,” freak anyone else out? Seriously? Pass the gravy, Zarah.”

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.