So, How About That Second Half Collapse?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you missed the game, you probably saved your wall from a good, satisfying frustration punch.

Let me break it down for you:

WTF, Sumlin.

I’m no football analyst, but the Aggies did not start the season strong last night. Don’t get me wrong. We started the game off strong, but I don’t know what happened in the second half.

The Aggies traveled to the Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, California on Sunday to take on UCLA, and boy, were we off to an exciting start. In the first half, we actually held a 34-point lead. But, in the fourth quarter, we scored zippo while UCLA lit a fire under their butts and closed the gap. Their game-saving play was a 10-yard touchdown pass with 43 seconds to spare, tying the game.

WHERE WERE YOU MYLES JONES? YOU SHOULD’VE PUMMELED LASLEY (the receiver of the pass) TO THE GROUND. Then, UCLA set themselves ahead by one point, ending the game with a score of 45-44, but I don’t wanna talk about it.

We definitely missed the mark.

My point: We looked sad out there during that second half, Sumlin and company is feeling the heat today, and my only hope is that we can redeem ourselves in the upcoming weeks. Until then, don’t talk to me because I am not happy.

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.