timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Single Pringle’s Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

As someone who has spent every Valentine’s Day alone, watching some cheesy rom-com and seeing all my friends out with their significant others on cutesy dates that are perfect for a jealousy-inducing Instagram post, I have a keen knowledge on the blessing that is February 15. Yes, you read that right. February 15 is the true Single Awareness Day. This is the day we can stuff our faces with the sugary junk that is advertised to lovey-dovey couples… but at half price.

You see, I put off my shameful junk food binge and wait until the 15th to treat myself. “I’m happily single” I repeat to myself all day on the 14th, and after getting through that day, I reward myself with a discounted box of assorted chocolates. How better to celebrate my “independent young woman who doesn’t need a man” attitude than by getting junk food at half price, because I had the control to wait for those sweet sales?

You see, I’ve learned that the day itself is not the most important part of the phenomenon we know to be Valentine’s Day. Anyone can set apart a day to celebrate love. That’s what anniversaries are for! I know that it is simply cheaper to wait until the 15th out of practicality. I may be a hopeless romantic, but I am also a broke college kid, and the latter is definitely the priority.

I may be single, but my opinion on the beautiful day that is February 15 has led me to the realization that in a future relationship, I will save the extra $5.95 I would have spent on that fancy candy and celebrate later. Who can beat half-off fine chocolates?

To conclude, I’m not here to judge you for stuffing your face and eating your feelings if you find yourself alone this Valentine’s Day. Instead, I’m here to help a sister out. I get the feeling, but I want you to do so at 50% off. Here’s to the single pringles this valentine’s day, may we all enjoy the sales that follow.

Browser Image: source

A native Chicagoan who happens to be studying in the Lone Star State. Emily is a Telecommunication Media Studies major who loves to talk baseball and hockey. She loves to geek out about her interests which include (but are not limited to) Star Wars, Marvel, the Ninja Turtles, and various Broadway musicals. She is always ready to make a sarcastic comment and looks at most things with humor. Ask her about (insert current celebrity crush), we dare you.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.