Paramore is Back and Ready to Reclaim Your Emo Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

After five years, Paramore is back and releasing new music. On September 28, 2022, the band released the title track to their upcoming album This Is Why (album cover seen below) which will be released on February 10, 2023. The song, paired with a vintage-style music video received mass excitement with the video already claiming four million views. 

Paramore’s previous release in May 2017, After Laughter, debuted at number six and was met with high reviews. Shortly after the release of their fifth studio album the band began a five-year hiatus in their hometown of Nashville, Tennessee. In January 2022, the band announced that they were working on their sixth studio album.

Currently, Paramore is on a North American tour which began on October 2, 2022. Additionally, the band announced a South American tour beginning in Spring 2023 on October 5, 2022. Included in their North American tour was a stop in Austin, Texas for Austin City Limits which they headlined alongside artists such as P!NK, Red Hot Chili Peppers, SZA, and more. The band seemed excited about their new release and continuing tour as front-woman Hayley Williams made joyous remarks and danced her way through the set of weekend one.

Fans are patiently awaiting the release of This is Why, which will feature 10 tracks. While nothing much has been said about Paramore’s upcoming album, it is clear that the band will bring back some of their rock roots. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Williams mentioned that there will definitely be “more emphasis back on the guitar.” While This is Why is not set to release until early 2023, fans hope to see more content from Paramore over the next few months.

Charlie is a Psychology major at Texas A&M University. In her free time, she loves to travel, watch tik tok, and read. Charlie's favorite things are iced coffee, boba, and her cat.