freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Nine Types of Men You Meet in Aggieland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Four years is a long time to be in one place. With 50,000 students and a 52% male to 48% female ratio, you are bound to find at least one guy you think is cute. Whether you are swiping through Tinder, sitting in class, dancing on Northgate, or running on the treadmill at the Rec, you are destined to encounter at least one of the nine types of men you meet in Aggieland. 

1) Frat Boys: Your life is never boring, but it is also never stable. You have a funny feeling that he will always care about his pledge brothers more than he cares about you. But you just can’t walk away from the date parties and bar tabs. Halloween is like your favorite holiday, and his frat always has themed parties! Worst-case scenario, when you catch him kissing your sorority sister after shot gunning too many beers, you can just find a new boy in a different frat to invite you to all his Facebook events. 

2) The Corps of Cadets: You either love The Corps (and only The Corps) or you hate them. You can be a bootchaser or a boothater. There is something either really attractive or really unattractive about their uniforms, buzz cuts and structured lifestyle. They speak the language of The Quad, and if you’re lucky in what little free time they have away from The Corps, they can teach it to you. The value of cadets coincidentally goes up around football season. Can you say first deck ladies? 

3) Student Athletes: You’ll come to realize the main (and possibly only) redeeming quality about Student Athletes is that they are Student Athletes. Who doesn’t want attention from a future NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB player? “I’m on the football team,” was enough to woo you, and also enough to get both you and him into any bar on Northgate for free. 

4) Men’s Organizations:  You probably met him at his organization’s tailgate last fall. Men’s Orgs are like the frat boy’s classier, older and debatably wiser brother. Unlike fraternities, common interests such as Engineering, or a belief in Christ bind Men’s Orgs. It is easier to know exactly what you are getting into.  

5) That One Guy from Your Hometown: You didn’t think he was cute in high school, but maybe that is because you didn’t talk in high school. There is something elusive about him now that wasn’t there before in the halls of your hometown high school. He is comparable to that blanket you carried around as a child, something about him makes you feel secure like you are back at home. But is that really a good thing? 

6) Mr. Northgate: You met him one night at a bar on Northgate. But it is where you met him that makes a big difference. The Chicken is a wildly different place than Foundies. Either way now you have one new friend on Snapchat or one new follower on Instagram, and you still have no idea how to pronounce his last name. 

7) The Tinder Match: All you know is that you had the option to swipe right or left, and well… you swiped right. But if you are being completely honest with yourself, depending on what time of the day (or night) it is and how lonely you are feeling…you tend to swipe right A LOT. It is all fun and games until your tinder matches start recognizing you in places you don’t want to be recognized like outside of Sbisa or at the Rec. At least you look like your social media pictures, right? 

8) The Future Youth Pastor: He never wants to let lose on a ThursdayFriday or Saturday night. You should have seen this coming. After all you did meet him on a Tuesday night in the parking lot of Reed Arena walking to your car after Breakaway. He is constantly trying to convert you, and sometimes he leaves a little bit too much room for Jesus in your relationship.

9) Uninvolved: His hobbies include sleeping through class and playing Xbox until 4:00 a.m. You’re not really sure how you met him.