The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

After a Gremlin-Core 2023, I decided that my New Year’s Resolution was to indulge in more self care. I was going to style my hair, stay consistent with my skincare, and try to elevate my appearance a little bit. This was under the principle of “look good-feel good.” After about a month of keeping up with my resolution, I’ve found some products that make me feel like a TikTok “It Girl” while being so easy to use. Without further ado, these are my hero products of January 2024.

Aquaphor Immediate Relief Lip Repair Balm

This lip balm is a cult favorite, but I completely understand why. This stuff has made my lips the most moisturized that they’ve ever been, and is the perfect topper on top of any lip tint. I love Aquaphor so much that I bought three; one for my backpack, one for my purse, and one for my dorm. In my opinion, Aquaphor is better than any lip balm out there. (P.S. They’re only $5 at Target!!!)

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara

Ever since I got into makeup, I have HATED mascara. No mascara could ever make my lashes hold their curl, and it always felt so heavy. After three or four tries with mascara, I thought I had given up. Until, I heard that the drugstore favorite Sky High Mascara had a great hold on stick-straight lashes like mine! I bought it (for only $10), and my life was changed. It also comes in a waterproof version and a lot of different colors! Maybelline, just take my money.

Perytong Bluetooth Wireless Sleep Headphones

I’m the type of person who needs noise when I go to sleep. Whether it’s music or YouTube or a podcast, I need to be hearing something. So, my parents got me this headband with built in headphones so I can sleep more comfortably without the risk of losing or breaking my regular Bluetooth headphones. After a week or two of using them, I have to say that they’re awesome! They were super easy to set up, the sound quality is great, and the battery is only at 60% after a full nights’ rest for me! For only $19.99 on Amazon, I have to say I recommend.

Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer

The Kosas Concealer is yet another bandwagon that I’m late to jump on, but this concealer is incredible. I use it on both my dark circles and my spots, but it has such a great skin-like finish. I’ve worn it all day, and it still looks perfect hours later. It’s $30 at Sephora, which isn’t that bad for Sephora standards. I think this will be a repurchased product for sure.

LUKACY 6 Pack Large Metal Hair Claw Clips

One of the biggest accessory trends in recent years has been claw clips, and I love it! Most claw clip styles are easy and super cute, and they go with every outfit. There was one problem: my hair is very long and thick, and no claw clip could hold them comfortably, stylishly, or for a long period of time. After some brief Amazon searching, I found this 6 pack of large metal claw clips with a pretty gold color. These have been the only claw clips that have actually held my hair! For only $8.98, these have elevated my hairstyle game forever.

Allison McGregor is a member of the Texas A&M University chapter of Her Campus. Even though most of her pieces are about personal experiences, she also updates on current events around CSTAT. Beyond Her Campus, Allison is an engineering student at TAMU. She hopes to major in chemical engineering and, she is a newly-inducted member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChe). Allison also has experience working at Chick-Fil-A. When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus, Allison is either listening to music (likely Taylor Swift or Fall Out Boy), writing poetry, or texting her family. Allison is a Navy brat who calls Chesapeake, Virginia home, and a lot of her unusual life experiences will find their way into her articles. She considers herself the second biggest fan of Coca-Cola, next to her mom. They're both kind of bummed that TAMU is a Pepsi campus.