This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

My name is Nadia. I’m a graphic designer, digital illustrator, and type enthusiast. Over the past few years, while I’ve gone through my graphic design training, I’ve found a few typefaces that really speak to me. This is my open love letter to my favorite fonts.

Elephant,

I love you and your curves. You are so fun and playful, yet professional. Your serifs give you more of a classy look, but your curves show you like to have a good time. I love you, Elephant. You are my favorite typeface.

Brandon Grotesque,

I don’t think you’re grotesque at all. I think you’re clean, kind, and sophisticated. You work so well for so many things. I love seeing you in my graphic design professor’s presentations, and I also love seeing you on random posters. I think you’re beautiful, Brandon Grotesque. Don’t ever let anyone bring you down.

Caslon,

Where do I even begin with you? I find you so magnificent that I did an entire project on you. You’re a wonderful, classic, and sophisticated typeface. You’re so cool that the Declaration of Independence was typed in your font. What other type gets to say that? None. You’re awesome, Caslon. You get a gold star in my book.

Cooper Black,

Are you shocked that you made it on here? Did you think you were too mainstream to get some love? Don’t worry, Cooper Black. I still appreciate you. 

My favorite game is “Will I See Cooper Black Today?” and the answer is always yes. Whether you know it or not, I think about you all the time. I constantly see you. I’m constantly looking for you. I even have you hung up on my wall. Cooper Black, you’re a gem. You’re so quirky with your little O’s. You’re not like other fonts. 

Every typeface is a beautiful typeface. They’re all special in their own way and work well in a variety of things. I am so grateful for type and graphic design. Take a moment to appreciate the type you see on a daily basis (unless it’s Comic Sans – she’s grounded.)

Howdy! My name is Nadia Lynn Garcia. I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas A&M University! I love music, concerts, travel, and graphic design, but my articles can tell you a little more about that. ;)