Michael Dolinsky | Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Michael Dolinsky is a junior at Texas A&M University and is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in finance. Originally from Cypress, Texas, Dolinsky said he came to Texas A&M for his love of Aggie football and his desire to become a petroleum engineer.

Her Campus: Where’s your favorite place to study on campus?

Michael Dolinsky: The second floor of West Campus Library because there’s a lot of fellow business majors that study there. If anyone ever needs help, you can just ask around.

HC: What’s your favorite college memory thus far?

MD: When we played Alabama my freshman year. One of our friends managed to get us tickets on the field, and even though we lost, it was still and unforgettable experience.

HC: Are you involved in anything around campus?

MD: I’m a Fish Camp counselor because I enjoy being a role model and making freshmen’s transition to college easier. I’m also in May’s Business School’s Commercial Banking Program, which helps you get certifications and can line you up with internships and jobs.

HC: What do you do in your free time?

MD: Try to stay active, study and maintain my social life.

HC: Who’s your favorite superhero, and why?

MD: Spider Man! He has the coolest way to get around, and he got to make out with Emma Stone.

HC: If you had absolutely no limits, how would you spend your ideal date?

MD: I would take my girl skydiving and land on a beach in Bora Bora, then spend all day there, being waited on with food and drinks.

HC: What do you want to do after graduation?

MD: Take a couple months to travel around Europe, and then settle back down in Houston where I’d have my dream job with Nike or the Houston Texans.

HC: Are you in a relationship?

MD: Yes. I’ve been with my girlfriend, Kaylea Caballero, since my sophomore year in high school. 

HC: Would you rather have more money or more time? Why?

MD: Time because money isn’t everything. I’d rather have a million minutes of happiness than a million dollars. Money can’t buy happiness.

HC: What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?

MD: Me and my friends went to Cancún for spring break last year, and I’ve never had so much fun. It was my first time out of the country, and I couldn’t have spent it with a better group of people.

HC: What’s your go-to song on karaoke night?

MD: Either “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran or “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band. “Thinking Out Loud” is for sure my guilty pleasure, though.

HC: What are the three things that attract you the most?

MD: A confident smile, some pretty eyes and a girl’s personality and attitude ;)

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.