Member of the Month: Carina Licon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

With charisma and a heart of gold, this quirky English major had us wanting to “Add Her as a Friend” in real life! She serves as our Social Media Director, but behind the screen she’s an ordinary college sophomore, high-spirited and resilient. Her Campus Texas A&M’s Member of the Month for March is Carina Licon! Try saying that five times real fast!

Her Campus Texas A&M: Carina, this is your second semester with us but you’ve been so involved that we feel you’ve been here forever! What has this year with Her Campus Texas A&M been like for you?

Carina Licon: I started off the fall semester looking for an organization that best fit my interests. When I found out about Her Campus, I knew to give it a chance, and I’m so glad I did. I love writing, and I love the staff. I feel like I’ve found the perfect organization for me!

HC TAMU: What would you say is your favorite memory?

Licon: My favorite memory would be the Her Campus Tour. It was so great to see the A&M community get involved with Her Campus through the help of nationals and the different brands. It was so great to help out too!

HC TAMU: Your role as Social Media Director has a lot to do with connecting with people through social sites, and maintaining a sense of relatability. How do you personally use your own social media to do the same? 

Licon: I honestly just post what I think is funny. If I happen to get followers from that, then we have a lot in common. If they like my jokes, we’d probably be great friends. 

HC TAMU: Do you have any hobbies?

Licon: I’ve danced since I was 4-years-old. I’m not on a team as of right now, but I do dance when I have free time at the Rec. I also love to write poetry.

HC TAMU: What’s your favorite meme on the internet right now?

Licon: My favorite meme would definitely have to be the chicken running away furiously. 

HC TAMU: If you could DM any celebrity on Twitter, who would it be and why? 

Licon: I would DM Chrissy Teigen because I sincerely want to be her best friend. 

HC TAMU: What do you want people to know about you that they do not know already?

Licon: Anything that I’m doing and succeeding at as of right is because of the support from the very most important people in my life—even if they don’t realize that. I’m really grateful to my family, friends and Her Campus staff for helping me out in that way.

Ruby Majano is an Agricultural Communiations and Journalism major at Texas A&M University. She loves music, poetry and story telling. Ruby aspires to be a print journalist and dreams of one day writing for the New York Times.