Meet Reuben May aka Reginald Stuckey!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Reuben May: Scholar, six-time award winning teacher, author of three books, rapper. You may have spotted this man on campus with his headphones and microphone, rapping on benches. Reuben May, aka Reginald Stuckey, is a Professor of Sociology at Texas A&M, but in his spare time he also raps and records music videos around campus.  This dynamic man breathes new life into our campus with his intricate rhymes and his magnetic personality.

HC: Why did you start rapping?

RS: I grew up in an era when rap was blowing up. I have been rapping since childhood. What you see now, started in 2007.  My raps are journals.

HC: You draw huge crowds when you start rapping on campus, what drives you to be so bold?

RS: I don’t see it as bold. I have confidence in who I am, so it’s really just being who you are!

HC: What is the best memory you have from rapping?

RS: Narrowing it down to one, the thing I enjoy the most is meeting people. Meeting interesting people.

HC: I remember you performed at the event where Dave Franco and the cast of the movie “Neighbors” came to campus. Tell me more about that!

RS: So far that has to be my crowning achievement. That was the largest audience I performed in front of! That was a great experience.

HC: Who Is your favorite rapper?

RS: I’m going to pull a “Kanye.” I am my favorite rapper!

HC: Anything else you would like the student body to know?

RS: If you hear me on campus and you appreciate what I’m doing, you don’t have to interrupt me. Just give me a fist bump, and keep it rolling.

My name is Alexis Emmou! I am a Senior Communication major, English minor at Texas A&M University. I love reading, writing, and all things entertainment. I aspire to be a television broadcaster. Thanks and Gig 'Em! :)