free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Celebrity Stylist, Lindsay Albanese

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

With over 100,000 subscribers on YouTube, Lindsay Albanese has created a name for herself in the entertainment and fashion industries. Not only a fashion icon but a businesswoman, she has “invented style strategies…develop[ed] design techniques and appl[ied] it to everyday” modern wear, creating a way for fashion to be easier for people, one video at a time. #appreciationpost

We interviewed Lindsay to find out her thoughts on the Zenni Optical collaboration, her personal style and inspirations. Albanese shared all this and more, including some fun facts and tips for college students.  

HC TAMU: What’s your favorite red carpet look? Would you take risks? If so, how and why?

Lindsay Albanese: It’s all about dressing for what’s appropriate for the occasion. So it depends on what the red carpet event is for. Not all red carpet events require a gown (and fun fact? most of the time a movie premiere is cocktail or party attire). For me, I always love the Oscars because that’s when the dreamiest gowns in all of the land come alive.

HC TAMU: Who is your fashion icon?

Lindsay Albanese:  Bianca Jagger, she was a style maverick in her day and still so much of what she wore would slay today.I also have a huge appreciation for Diane Kruger, Cate Blanchett, Gwen Stefani, and Zoe Saldana’s personal style. They’re fashion muses who don’t toe the line in fear of being “worst dressed.” They’re creative and adventurous in their choices and always keep you guessing – that’s exciting to me!

HC TAMU:  Who would be your dream celebrity to style?

Lindsay Albanese: For nostalgia I would love to style Britney Spears. I was a stylist on her “Toxic” music video back in the day but I was only styling the cast and extras. I would love to give her a more refined and demure look.

HC TAMU: How would you describe your own style?

Lindsay Albanese: Always feminine and masculine at the same time. I’m pretty consistent with that.

HC TAMU: What inspires you?

Lindsay Albanese: Inspiration is always at our fingertips with our phones, so I would say social media, travel destinations and people.

HC TAMU:  How do you think a certain style of glasses makes a statement in an outfit?

Lindsay Albanese: It’s a finishing touch. It contributes to the aesthetic of any outfit, whatever it may be. I ALWAYS top off my look by coordinating my eyewear with whatever I’m wearing – it’s part of the get ready and get out the door process!

HC TAMU:  What do you think is a go-to frame that can easily make a bold statement for any outfit?

Lindsay Albanese: Aviator and Wayfarer styles are eternally cool and classic and always feel current.

Her Campus at Texas A&M:  What shops would you recommend for college students who are on a budget; how can they create looks for less?

Lindsay Albanese: Off-price retailers like TJ Maxx and Marshalls have incredible deals – it’s like a treasure hunt! I shopped there as a kid, in college, and to this day. I also love asos.com for fast fashion and on-trend items. You can really experiment with a new style without spending a lot.

If you think this tip was helpful, check out her YouTube channel in the link below and see what other tricks she has that will have you strutting the streets like no other. #beyoncemode

HC TAMU: Have you had any fashion regrets? If so, how do you look at your choice in retrospect?

Lindsay Albanese: Yes, many, many. haha! Style is always evolving and changing. For me it’s not a destination otherwise that would be boring! When I look back I think – oh that was Lindsay on her journey to find her style – hah! To be honest, there are things I wore last year that I loathe. It’s a normal feeling for all of us.

HC TAMU: Considering the throwbacks in fashion we see nowadays, how do you see the fashion industry evolving? Do you think we will continue modernizing past styles?

Lindsay Albanese: With social media and the digital world at our fingertips there’s more inspiration and acceptance out there in the world. I feel the industry will continue to try and reinvent and discover fashion on a global level.

HC TAMU:  What trend at the moment makes you cringe?

Lindsay Albanese: Anything ripped where I can see butt cheeks and distressed denim where both of the thighs are entirely exposed. I guess in my world you can go wrong with certain denim looks!

HC TAMU: What fashion trend do you think will never go out of style?

Lindsay Albanese: Skinny jeans. Everyone thought they were a trend but they’re nearing 20 years since they first came on the scene and they’ve never wavered – they’re a staple.

Los Angeles based celebrity stylist Lindsay Albanese recently collaborated with California brand, Zenni Optical, for their fall fashion line of eyewear. Albanese “hand-select[ed]” models of eyeglasses for their college RV tour.

HC TAMU: What do you admire about Zenni Optical’s style/designs?

Lindsay Albanese: In order of importance (for me) variety, quality, and price. Zenni has thousands of frames which makes it easy to find something that suits your personal style. And the price allows you to buy a few pairs, so you can switch up your eyewear the same way you do with jeans and shoes. Every frame on the site with a prescription included is under $50 – that value is unrivaled to any retailer out there! Incredible.

HC TAMU: What were you on the lookout for when you picked out the Zenni frames for college students?

Lindsay Albanese: I wanted to add to and bring out the personal style they already had. As a stylist we access our clients look past and present and it’s our job to inspire and evolve their style based on our assessment. Some say it’s just an opinion but I call it a skill set.

Check out Lindsay’s sweet videos that offer more styling tips and tricks on her Youtube channel and follow her on social media:

https://www.youtube.com/user/lindsayslatest

https://www.instagram.com/lindsayalbanese/

https://twitter.com/lindsayALBANESE

Ashley Salas is an English major at Texas A&M University. When Ashley isn't writing, she spends her time creating original photography works and petting every dog she sees on the street. #dangerouswoman  She hopes to inspire people with her words and be the voice of many who are muted.