Meet Campus Cutie, Greg Chin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Greg Chin! He is a 20-year-old sophomore from Montego Bay, Jamaica studying Buisnesses managment, Pre-law.

HER CAMPUS: Why did you choose to attend Texas A&M?

Greg Chin: I chose to come to A&M because of the overall atmosphere and traditions. I already had an older brother attending the school, so that also played a big factor in me attending. Most importantly, I really love Mays Buisness School. 

HC: What are some of the things you are involved in on campus?

GC: I am currently involved in the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference, known as SBSLC, where I hold a position on staff as the Assistant Director of Marketing. I am also the Director of Programs for the Excellence Uniting Culture, Education, and Leadership program known as ExCEL. Finally, I am the Director of Marketing for The Distinguished Gentlemen’s Club known as DGC.

HC: It’s a Friday night, what are you doing?

GC: If it’s a Friday night, I’ll typically like to celebrate all my accomplishments throughout the week, so I would probably go out or even go to a friends house and just have a good time socializing and playing games.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?

GC: In 5 years, I see myself walking across the stage receiving my law degree from law school and starting off my life in the real world. In 10 years, you can most likely find me being a sports agent and managing some top NFL players in the league. 

HC: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?

GC: I find myself really loving Dubai. I think that’s definitely a place I could live just because of the beautiful atmosphere and the great things they have to offer. It’s like being on vacation everyday of your life.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

GC: My hobbies are cooking and playing basketball, and whenever I have time, I love to travel and take road trips.

HC: Name one thing you can’t live without.

GC: One thing I can’t live without would probably be an A/C/Heater unit. I mean, I would literally sweat buckets if there was no A/C and most likely freeze without the heater.

HC: If there was movie made about your life, who would play you?

GC: If someone had to play me, it would be Roshon Fegan.

HC: What would you consider to be your best quality?

GC: I believe my communication skills, verbal and non-verbal, are my best qualities. You can typically find me around campus always smiling. I love to socialize and meet new people and just have tons of dialogue.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

GC: My perfect date would be doing something adventurous, such as cliff diving or flying a plane or helicopter with my date. I also like the idea of sailing on a yacht and having dinner cooked by a great chef with a live band. After that, just being able to lay in a huge bed and kicking it while maybe watching a great movie. Just really getting that quality time between one another.

HC: Got a celebrity crush?

GC: I really love Rihanna and Lila Galore

HC: What is your biggest accomplishment?

GC: One of my biggest accomplishments is actually staying in school here at Texas A&M because it is not an easy task. Also, becoming a member of executive staff in all three of my organizations.

HC: Who is someone you look up to, and why?

GC: I really, truly admire my parents. They are the true definition of great parents, and they have provided for me when they didn’t have anything. They have always accepted me with all of the bad decisions I’ve made throughout life, and they have just always been there for me. I will forever be grateful to have them in my life.