I See You, Jesus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Ever since I was a little girl, I felt like I was made to do something special, to be different and gracious. I had a knack for making people smile. I always managed to find joy in doing just that, because all I had to do was be myself. Now that I’m older, things have gotten a little tougher. I feel like I’ve lost a lot more than I’ve gained, and often times I feel like I’m running myself thin. I’ve lost the sense of being able to enjoy the things that caught my eye as a kid and in that, I’ve also felt like I’ve lost myself. When this tends to happen, someone always manages to come through and I see him in everything. Almost like he’s popping out to say, “Hello! I’m still here.” Sometimes it’s when I turn my radio on and a song will speak straight to me or when I’m scrolling through my social media feed and find encouraging words from complete strangers. Recently, it was when I got into a car accident and both I and the others involved came out unharmed. I know a lot of us aren’t able to see things with eyes of wonder, but every time I witness miracles, I wish I could let someone borrow my eyes. Now I’ve realized I can! Let me show you just what I mean.

Do you see him? He’s written all over the page.

“I have made your very being known to them — who you are and what you do — and continue to make it known, so that your love for me might be in them exactly as I am in them.” – John 17:26

Ruby Majano is an Agricultural Communiations and Journalism major at Texas A&M University. She loves music, poetry and story telling. Ruby aspires to be a print journalist and dreams of one day writing for the New York Times.