How to Successfully Pull A&M Football Tickets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you’re an Aggie student, you know what a Sports Pass is.

If you know what a Sports Pass, you know what Ticket Pull day is.

And if you know what Ticket Pull day is, then you know the pain of standing in line for hours in the dark watching the sweaty corps run by you at 5 a.m., tossing in your inflatable air mattress (because who was going to sit on the brick floor in front of Kyle Field? Not you).

Ticket pull begins on the Monday before a home game, beginning with seniors on Monday and ending with freshmen on Thursday. It starts at 7 a.m., and while ticket distribution is random, people still get there at 5 a.m. because they’re, well, Aggies.

Here, I’m going to list off your best options for ticket pull and tips for each classification, except seniors because I mean, c’mon, you have it in the bag.

Freshmen

As a freshmen, you’re going to sit on the third deck. Live it, love it, breathe that high elevation air because it’ll be your life for the rest of the home games this season. If you, however, don’t want to be succumbed to awful seats all season, you can find a group of 10+ other freshies that want to pull with you. Then, you can pull on Monday with the seniors at the Group Window. You automatically get third deck, but hey, Row 10 beats Row I Can’t See the Game but Josh from Hullabaloo Hall Smells Really Bad Right Next to Me. But really, your best bet is to find upperclassmen friends. Fast.

Sophomores

Yes. The in-betweeners. So close, so far. You’re risking it at third deck, but who knows? Second deck might just be at your fingertips. It’s a 50/50. Is it worth showing up at 5 a.m. for Ticket Pull? Probably not, but you made fun memories with your roommate eating granola bars on your blanket as the sun rose behind Kyle Field, didn’t you?

Juniors

The beloved second deck. Personally, I love this deck. High enough to see the play, low enough to not get a nose bleed. Being a junior, you definitely don’t need to show up at 5 a.m. to pull tickets right at 7, but by now it’s tradition and well, maybe you’ll pull a lucky first deck ticket.

Seniors

There’s nothing bad here. Pull your ticket at 7 a.m. Pull it at 9 a.m. Pull it at 3 p.m. Laugh at the freshmen on Thursday. Your week is done here. Have fun in your amazing seats at the game.  

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.