Life > Experiences

Hit the Pause Button on Winter Because Fall Is Still Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

We are now over half a month into October, and multiple companies want to thrust Christmas upon us already. We haven’t even had Halloween or Thanksgiving yet! When did fall become a secondary season with winter being the superior? December is only one month. One month of coziness, chocolate milk, and many other Christmas festivities versus fall who has two months to celebrate everything fall, though it feels cut short due to the demanding effect of commercials and Christmas shopping emails. Therefore, I am here to share how we can make the most of this autumn season while we still have it with a list of fun-loving fall activities.

• Gather a group of friends and buy each other absurd costumes
  • Watch the new Halloween movie with a bunch of sweet treats
  • Carve pumpkins with your besties then bake the pumpkin seeds
  • Do a spooky photoshoot
  • Go to the pumpkin patch
  • Go to a corn maze or haunted house
  • Attempt to bake a pumpkin pie (or your choice of pie flavor)
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
  • Have a Harry Potter marathon (rip Hagrid) and serve HP themed foods like butter beer and chocolate frogs
  • Crash a costume party
  • Go to your local county fair
  • Stop by the farmer’s market
  • Visit the Renaissance festival and dress the occasion
  • Book a ghost tour in your city
  • Try everything pumpkin spice flavor
  • Host a candy apple night and make a variety of unique combinations
  • Make fall themed cocktails/mocktails
robbie coltrane?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Warner Bros. Pictures
Howdy, I'm a senior English major at Texas A&M University. I'm a huge book lover and a movie fanatic. I'm here to share many stories with y'all.