This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Ladies, it’s that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day–the day you’re either so excited about to spend with your boo-thang or completely dreading because #SingleLadies4Life. This time of the year is like the Hunger Games: Boyfriend edition, where you use every trick up your sleeve to make sure you aren’t the “single girl” on Valentine’s Day.  

This year, I propose that you leave the smelly boys behind and go out, or stay in, with your best girlfriends! Besides, what better way to rejoice in the fact that you don’t have to shave for a romantic date than by hanging out with your best girl friends? Thank the heavens above for Galentine’s day so that you do not have to spend another Valentine’s Day dealing with sappy couples everywhere you look. So without further ado, here are nine ways to spend Galentine’s day in College Station:

1.     Get a couple’s massage with your bestie

What better way to relieve the stress of your mom asking why you don’t have a boyfriend than to spend Valentine’s Day getting a couple message with your best friend. She will truly appreciate the massage and won’t try to get in your pants every time the massage therapists leave the room.

2.     One word: Harry’s

Hurricane Harry’s is bound to be filled with tons of SINGLE hotties on Valentine’s Day! Just because you’re having GALentine’s Day doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shake what your mamma gave you out on the dance floor (and maybe impress a couple of fellas). Grab your girl friends and make all the men swoon at your incredible, and ridiculous, dance moves. (Seriously though, Harry’s always has hotties. It’s like their thing.)

3.     Northgate

Obviously, the best way to get over the fact that you’re single on Valentine’s Day is to dance, ~or grind~, the night away on top of tables at your favorite clubs.

4.     Chick Flick Movie Night!

Seeing chick flicks with your friends and crying over how you wish Ryan Gosling would write you 365 letter (instead of Rachel McAdams) is probably one of the best ways to spend Galentine’s Day.

5.     Gals’ Dinner

Get your gals together for a dinner party! Plan to all go over to someone’s house/apartment/condo and make dinner, drink lots of wine and gossip about the newest cutie you met in class. Maybe you will finally work up the nerve to talk to him.

6.     Painting with a Twist

Wine and painting are clearly the perfect combination. Get your girlfriends together and see who can make the best (or worst) painting of the night.

7.     Puppy Station

PUPPIES!!! I don’t know about you, but I would pick a puppy over a guy any day. Where else can you find unconditional love and attention from than the cutest little puppies in College Station?! Do yourself a favor and go here any time you need a mood booster because puppies will give you a burst of happiness, guaranteed.

8.     Girls’ Night at Grand Station

Wednesday nights at Grand Station, the entertainment center, are girls nights which means we lucky ladies get to feel like kids again for free! This is a great way to start Galentine’s Week, and go try everything there is to do for the single ladies in College Station. 

9.     The Drive Thru Safari

Because monkeys are cuter than guys. End of story.

Nicole Ploetz is a Junior Communication and Political Science double major at Texas A&M University and is a writer for TAMU HerCampus! She has a passion for writing, reading, dancing, painting, traveling the world, and playing golf. She loves all things outdoors, is a shopaholic, and loves her sorority. She also loves giving back to the community and hopes to one day pursue her dreams as an Entertainment Lawyer, aka be the next Elle Woods. Nicole aspires to live in Los Angeles-California, New York-New York, or Nashville-Tennessee with her best friends and rule the city. She is obsessed with sushi and her future husband is Dylan O'Brien (he just doesn't know it yet).