Grammys 2015: BEST & WORST Looks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

So it’s been a week since we all sat around our TV’s with a bucket of popcorn and watched Sam Smith take home the night at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards. The night was filled with great performances, some hard-earned wins, and even a few rants from the world class a**, Kanye West. However, what we were the most focused on were some of the jaw dropping dresses (in a good AND bad way) that walked the red carpet before the event. Here are some of the unforgettable dresses of the night!

BEST:

1. Taylor Swift 

THIS DRESS. Taylor Swift literally caught everyone’s eye this year with this statement blue Elie Saab dress. It complimented her tall figure perfectly and her bright blue jewelry accented it just right.  

2. Katy Perry

Katy Perry rocked this sheer, sparkly Zuhair Murad dress keeping the attention on her after her Super Bowl performance. This little number was right off the Paris Couture runway. And the purple hair…well it is Katy Perry ;)

3. Gwen Stefani

Gwen Stefani, as usual, looked super cool on the red carpet in this black Versace jumpsuit that they flew in to alter perfectly for her fit. And can we just take a moment to acknowledge her skin?! This 45 year old doesn’t look a day over 25, talk about MILF!

4. Beyoncé

This flawless beauty always lands her self on the top best dressed on every award show. This black, custom made Proenza Schouler gown accentuated her amazing curves and showed some sexy cleavage with this low plunge. And not to forget the $10 million worth of 100 carats Lorraine Schwartz jewelry on her fingers. 

WORST:

1. Lady Gaga

When looking at this Brandon Maxwell dress, the only word that comes to mind is ‘hooker.’ The amount of skin she shows is not classy and the ensemble just looks cheap overall. And her awkward white hair color doesn’t do her any justice. 

2. Ciara

This fluffy, tool Alexandre Vauthier Couture dress is about to swallow her in one gulp. It is absolutely TOO much and is way too short for her in the front. Let’s keep it classy Ciara. 

3. Rihanna 

Dear Rihanna, yes the idea of this Giambattista Valli Coutoure dress seems like a girl’s dream when thought about…hot pink, fluffy, and sparkly. But let’s face it, this dress is only good for a 5 year old or if you’re going to dress up as the Barbie birthday cake on Halloween. So thanks, but no thanks.

4. Ariana Grande

Okay, okay this Versace dress wasn’t horrible…but like Ariana why?! Her style is usually so fun and cute and this was just plain boring. And not to mention, the metal mesh on the side just reminds us of something a guidette would wear on Jersey Shore.