This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Are you tired of dressing up as a witch every October 31st? Is your closet full of vampire capes from previous years? Worry no more. I, with the help of my extraordinarily creative friend, designed a list of four original and affordable costume ideas you can try this Halloween!

Get comfortable! After this article, you will not only have a Halloween costume but a lot of space in your closet. Yes! You may go ahead and start donating those vampire capes away. Trust me, you will no longer need them.

1. Cosmo (The Fairly OddParents)

Cosmo is, without a doubt, one of the funniest characters from our childhood! His sense of humor and naïve personality stole – and continue to steal- the heart of anyone who watches the series. So, what a better way to be the soul of the party than dressing up as Cosmo!

What you will need:

• White long-sleeved dress shirt.
  • Black tie
  • Black pants
  • Yellow crown. You can either buy it or make it yourself.
  • A pair of bought or handmade wings. Get creative!
  • Star-shaped wand.
  • EXTRA: non-permanent green hair dye.

1. Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians)

Cruella De Vil is undeniably the most despicable Disney villain ever, but let’s face it, she is also THE ultimate fashionista. So, if you find yourself on the more extravagant side, looking for something to wear that not only scares but impresses, then this costume is for you!

What you will need:

• White fur coat
  • Black dress
  • Elbow-length red gloves
  • Gray tights
  • Red lipstick
  • Red heels
  • Jade earrings
  • EXTRA: a two-tone wig or non-permanent black and white hair dye.

1. Kim Possible (Kim Possible)

Now, who did not want to be Kim possible as a kid? I mean, this teenage girl literally goes to school and fights crime at the same time! Besides, her style, while being casual, is on point.  If you are going for a trendy but easy-to-make costume, this one is the perfect pick!

What you will need:

• Long-sleeve black crop top
  • Green cargo pants
  • Black combat boots
  • Brown belt
  • Grey gloves
  • EXTRA: An orange wig or non-permanent orange hair dye.

1. Victoria Everglot  (Corpse Bride)

Corpse Bride is one of my favorite Halloween movies. Of course, when you look up ideas for a corpse-bride-themed costume, usually the first character to show up is Emily, the bride. Well, how about this for a twist… What if instead of dressing up as Emily, you dress up as Victoria Everglot? She is not only kind and patient, but brave! Let’s not forget how she escaped her house in the middle of a rainy night to find a way to help her love, Victor!

Fun fact: I am going to be cosplaying Victoria Everglot for Halloween!

What you will need:

• Vertical striped, long-sleeved buttoned turtleneck shirt or sweater.
    • Color: dull red or grape
  • Long or short skirt
    • Color: dull red or grape.
  • Black ankle boots
  • EXTRA: wear your hair in a bun.

Well, that is it for this list! I hope these ideas help you find the perfect costume for Halloween! If you decide to try one or all of them, take a picture and tag me on Instagram at @brenda_nvrro5!

Thank you for reading!

Happy Halloween!

Hello, My name is Brenda. I am a senior student at Texas A&M, majoring in Biomedical Sciences and minoring in Spanish. I have an enormous passion for reading and writing. My favorite books are Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. I enjoy practicing playing the piano and singing, for I believe music feeds the soul. I consider myself to be the biggest Disney Fan. My favorite movie of all time is Beauty and the Beast, and I dream of becoming a dentist one day.